or Connect

Posts by mingus2112

As would I!
Nicely done! The suit AND the Macallan! I got a bottle of Macallan 18 for my 30th birthday several years ago. Beautiful whisky. The 12 year old i'm not as fond of anymore. I used to enjoy it a lot in the late '90s/early 2000s, but it's not what it used to be. The 18 (at least the one I got several years ago) and several 15 and 17 year old independent bottlings I have are superb!-James
Kicking myself for not ordering these like last week! I've bought so many shoes in the past 40 days that I had to "think about it." Whelp, now they're out of my size!
Was recently in the Cole Haan store on 5th ave looking for a pair of burgundy/oxblood shoes for my father in law. The nice young man there told me that they only carry classic styles and that if we wanted something outside of the norm, we should check a department store. Didn't even know what to say about that, so we left. Actually, nobody had much in the way of that color other than AE. Since when is that not a standard color??
I think he's actually very reasonable with offers. I recently offered $70 on a pair that he had listed for $150 and he accepted immediately. Last month I offered $50 each on two pairs he had listed at $100 and $70. I almost wished I had offfered less, but I suspect he would have countered instead of accepting. Last year I tried a lowball and he just countered until we got to a reasonable price. Not sure how he comes up with his listing price, but he's definitely...
All this talk of shoe trees.. . .perfect timing! I just got two woodlore epic trees (at full price) for my two pair of shells and noticed that they don't fit as snug as my regular JAB/AE trees (which I assume are the same as the woodlore full toe trees) in the same size. Anyone else notice that? I realize i'm at a weird size (12b usually gets large), right at the end of the size range, but still. Anyone else notice this? I was finding lots of copycat "kind of like a...
It's awesome. I really want another nice bit loafer. I have the Firenze, but it's not really a good size for me. It stretched a bit since I bought it and now i keep an insert AND tongue pads in it. I'd love to find something on the shoebank in either the Firenze or the Verona, but they don't seem to commonly show up. My other option is a gently used pair. I've had mixed results with those. . .-James
Does anyone know what last the original Verona bit loafers are built on? I've been trying to figure it out but AE doesn't even list a last (that I could find) on the Verona II page.
Story of my life. . .more like "cheap PANTS, expensive shoes for me."
Is Vincenzo still around? I dealt with him a lot a few years ago. Haven't heard from him lately!