or Connect

Posts by pengin

Awesome. Thanks for the photos! I'm heading over to Asia this summer and wanted to get some shirts + suits made at Jantzen. Anyone have experience with the suits from Jantzen? How much do they run for?
yep. thats exactly it. wow that was fast. thanks so much. hrm, for some reason I thought that Al Gore and/or President Bush's campaign clothes were provided by him. Weird. Derek
Hey, There was a topic about this a long time ago, but i can't find it through search. I tried google'ing this too and came up with nothing. I'm looking for the name of a store that was started by a successful and wealthy businessman. It provides super high end luxury goods at extremely expensive prices. It even has high end clothes manufacturers make special clothes for that store. Aka T&A for ____ (don't remember what brands actually did this for that store). It was so...
Quote: -The PowerBook has a slot-loading ComboDrive while the iBook's is tray-loading. This is just a nice feature for when you're in tight or unusual spaces Actually, the new iBooks (I think they updated in March .... or not so long ago) has slot-loading. I can't wait for it to arrive. I ordered office 2004 from amazon, so I'll play around with powerpoint for a bit there... and then I'll decide on Keynote later. Thanks Derek
Thanks for everyone's comments. I just ordered my iBook: Part Number: Z0A7 Product Name: iBook 1GHz Combo (12" TFT) Options: 065-4999 256MB DDR266 SDRAM built-in 065-5004 60GB Ultra ATA drive 065-5006 Combo drive (DVD/CD-R) 065-5009 AirPort Extreme Card 065-5011 Bluetooth Module 065-5012 Keyboard/Mac OS X - U.S. English Along with: .Mac Timbuk2 Commute Bag Apple Video Adapter It came to about $1,420 usd. (Since I live in Canada / ordered from Applie...
Oh, for those mac users out there. any thoughts on powerbook vs. ibook? Difference I can tell: 1. The Screen Mirroring vs. dual output is just a software limitation that can be removed. 2. iBook is supposedly more durable 3. iBook has a supposedly longer battery life 4. I don't plan on getting super-drive 5. Airport reception on the ibook is supposed to be better. 6. Powerbook has a nifty feature where it doesn't close flush.. so that the screen never touches the...
Wow, the level of actual discussion for this was amazing. It helped a lot in making my decision. In the end, I've decided to go with the 12" iBook. Specs: 256 mb ram (upgrade it myself later) 60 gb HD Bluetooth Airport Card Office 2004 .Mac Will consider about getting the extended warrenty before the initial one year expires. Although I'm aware about the compatibility issues with mac, I'm just drawn to it for its stability and design (as in the connectivity of the...
Thats awesome. Thats why I love this forum, soo many different opionons and view points. Keep up the good work. Derek
Hrm, after thinking it through, I think I'm still going to go with the laptop (I hope I don't regret this decision). For some reason the whole idea of portability + wireless internet really appeals to me. In reality, It's probably going to stay in my dorm a lot.. but I think it'll come in useful when it really counts. And now I'm still deciding between Mac and Windows. I want to give Mac a shot, but I'm a bit hesitant to invest all of this money only to find that I don't...
Hrmm, I would tend to agree with you matadorpoeta. I don't think that I will NEED my own computer... But I've just grown accustomed to having my own computer. And I find it very convinent. I love having things a certain way, and just having it always there, ready... If that made any sense. And I'm a bit skeptical about Dell.. although everyone says to get a Dell, for some reason I think part of it is their marketing. Keep the comments coming, thanks. Derek