or Connect

Posts by dopey

^^^ Still . . . that is better than plodding along with grandpa Warren.
meh. After a year, all I've got is 13%. Buffet is all washed up.
This was a protest about importing wine, not people.
In the case of race, that is mostly true, although I don't think Sheriff Root calling people Martian Niggers or any of his other musings on race would be ok today no matter who was saying it. The same with the illustration of the black neighborhood where Jesse drops off one of the Klansmen. The buggery jokes and even the entire concept of Bob Glover and Freddy Allen the sexual detectives (one who anally assaults suspects and the other won a fellatio trophy and gives blow...
Malcolm X
Treatment of race and "buggery" would not be publishable today.
Have people been watching AMC's Preacher? I have been re-reading the books. Those are great with a hearty dose of 90s outrageousness. What is interesting is that some of the outrageousness would simply be off-limits and not publishable today, while other parts are ho-hum and have lost their shock value.
Something similar.
Are all libertarians white? They might have asked Trump to borrow his black voter and put him in drag to make the video?
It generated a lot of controversy at the time. Especially with regard to Barbara Gordon. Both paralyzing her and using the abuse of her to torture her father. There was nothing like that in comics then and certainly not from a major house. Much has happened since. Were you even alive when it came out?