or Connect

Posts by dopey

^ I started to take that one a week or so ago or whenever it was last posted and ran out of time after about 20 minutes. You are supposed to take 40 minutes and I didn't realize that you couldn't stop in the middle and pause it. I think I had done about 25 questions, but the test is progressive so they were getting harder. I thought it was a good test, and it would have been fun to finish it but I am not going to start over.
OK. Because of all of you . . . I am going to finally see Days of Future Past. Maybe tonight. I hope you are satisfied. Also, I have been starting to look into Preacher again, given the new AMC series. There was a cool promotion for it in Times Square the other day, not that that means anything. That was really a great series and The Saint of Killers is one of the best characters. I haven't seen him in any of the trailers, but i can't imagine them doing the series...
Irvine Jewish woman
Meaning she's really pretty shit but doesn't crave attention?
The volume is part of it, but it is more that the franchise so far hasn't grabbed me. Of the three main still-alive carriers, none of them are really that compelling. Daisy is the best, but I am not a twelve year old girl so less enthused about the ongoing adventures of daisy than some of you might be. Finn is bumbling and Kylo is more slappable than scary. That doesn't mean I hate it. Just that I don't care all that much. It is much different than the first movie...
I think the Star Wars franchise has entered the world of Marvel movies for me. Meaning, I will try to watch the new releases in the theater if I get around to it, but I won't care too much if I don't. And if I miss it at the theater, I'll watch it at home when I get to it. Or not - I don't think I've seen Iron Man III; I know I haven't seen Ant Man; not sure what else I've missed from the Marvel franchise. I will try to see SW EpVIII when its released, especially if...
I posted this in the Star Wars thread, but it better belongs here: On a somewhat different note, though raised by the recent discussion on shifts in the comic print universe -- Are there any good articles or analysis on the relative importance of the current comic book runs on the comic universe? What I am thinking is that the spate of CBMs has been building on a huge fan base and literature, developed years ago when kids and young adults read comic books and then got...
On a somewhat different note, though raised by the recent discussion on shifts in the comic print universe -- Are there any good articles or analysis on the relative importance of the current comic book runs on the comic universe? What I am thinking is that the spate of CBMs has been building on a huge fan base and literature, developed years ago when kids and young adults read comic books and then got excited about seeing those stories brought to the screen. How true...
I didn't say Finn was a bad character. Just that he is not an inspiring hero for a young boy.
Finn seemed hapless and bumbling. He may be a good guy and may even have an interesting story line, but he isn't the kind of hero kids fantasize about being. Luke's father was a famous Jedi and ANH sets him up as the continuation of a line of great heroes who are going to have grand adventures. And he fires the shot that takes out the Death Star. And he has this really cool sword that used to be his father's. And he gets a medal at a huge awards ceremony. Finn is a...