or Connect

Posts by dopey

It would be useful if people were more careful about whether they are talking about free speech or the right to free speech as protected by the Constitution. The former is a concept that exists outside of the First Amendment (and the law, in general).
By the way, I figured out who is Gary Johnson (well, really - I looked it up): Gary Johnson is the Libertarian Party candidate.
I know I am old, but I really loved the Rick Jones/Mar-Vell Captain Marvel. Yay Nega-Bands. Too bad about the big C, though.
One of the nice things about this election is that whoever wins, we can look forward to increased popularity and influence in the U.N.
This is like the 10th time I have seen someone mention Gary Johnson in his thread. Who is that?
Neo is right. The movie is gorgeous, visually. It also has a great high-concept and could have been terrific.Birdman is also right. It is awful. The movie makes no sense. The plot is stupid and the characters are morons.What a tragedy. It's like seeing the genius kid from your 8th grade class, picking cigarette butts off the sidewalk to sell for meth money.
You are just grateful you don't have to eat the banh mi at Oberlin.
That was pretty good!! The future (present) parts were a little muddy (and, understandably, exposition heavy), but once the main story got moving in the 70s, it was a great movie.
I know, from speaking with other academics in her field that, at the time she moved to Harvard (from Penn), Warren was regarded by her peers as a lightweight, sub-par academic who was a well-liked teacher. It was also widely discussed that when she was hired at Harvard she was touting her Indian-ness as a qualification. Idle gossip or not, people said, then, that that is why she was hired. I remember this from that time, which is why I and everyone familiar with...
^ That reminds me - i will have to watch that at some point. It was so promising.