or Connect

Posts by dopey

NYPD is trying to prevent the gridlock and disruption from protesters converging on Union Square so has asked everyone to avoid heading downtown and instead break stuff and loot in their own neighborhood.
Everyone is different, but I have my share of foot problems and still found the Alden loafers very comfortable for walking (albeit I modify them with heaped orthotics). I have the unlined Brooks version and the regular lined Alden models.
Sitting on them is as comfortable as sitting on a hard plastic cube can be. They are also perfect for standing on when I have taller guests.We only have two, so don't stack them, but it is a cool photo.
^ I know. I think the version I liked best was just over 30mm. Pity, as the design is absolutely perfect. From the applied cross, to the markers to the length of the hands to the sharp "stick" lugs. Perfect in every detail. And note that the Altiplano is pretty much a knockoff design (which is a compliment).
If I were you, I would focus on choosing a dress watch.My first choice is the VC Patrimony, though I liked the older one with stick hands and markers better than the current offering. Second choice, and likely cheaper, is the Piaget two-hander.My favorite VC -Might be considered too small for current tastes.
We have a couple of the Gehry colored plastic twist cubes. Not sure for exactly what they are supposed to be, but I sit on them sometimes. Also stand on them sometimes.
Overwhelmingly American Masters (there is some more modern work (not counting special exhibitions) but 19th Century American predominates). I recall in particular some small Kensett's and a tiny Frederic Church (and a much larger Durand) , but also a large Vedder. My favorite was a Winslow Homer watercolor. Not so much because it was so great, though it was beautiful. But because it was covered with a red velvet curtain suspended on a brass rod. We walked over to it,...
I can't wait until one takes down a jogger. Catching a roadrunner will make him the king of all coyotes.
Pretty great. I don't think I like the version that integrates the case and dial into the movement, on aesthetic grounds, but even that is pretty cool.
FTFY