Posts by dopey

I suffered two attempted muggings in NY (and a successful one, too).One of the attempts was a gang initiation, I was told (by the cops, when going through mug shots). I assume he didn't get in.
Dirt Candy. Any good?
According to the Star Wars wiki, the Death Star's shielding was code-named "Smaug"
^ If a nerd put a blaster to my head, and I didn't have a light saber to block it, and he wasn't a storm-trooper nerd that was bound to miss, that is what I would go with, too.
R2 is a classification (astromech droids), not part of a unique identifier, e.g., "that R2 unit doesn't seem to be functioning properly now that the guy inside is dead."
I thought Disney's re-interpretation of "A New Hope" was pretty good.
Still haven't watched S01Ep03 of Stranger Things yet, so I remain not that excited about the series. I do hope it gets better and will give it a try but, unlike say, Jessica Jones or even Daredevil or GoT, it has not pulled me in or compelled me to watch - right now, my interest is based entirely on trust in the acclaim.
^In general, and maybe because my heart is with the old tool watches like the original, broad arrow pre-moon Speedy, SM300, etc., I like the broad,sword hands on a black face for optimal legibility. They are quicker to pick up and read at a glance. They are not as good on a chrono, where the bulk can hide the sub-dials, but for a plain, time-only dial, they are, to me, best. You are right taht they are more of an Omega signature, even if Rolex used them from time to...
If Rolex made both as factory models, which would you prefer?I am certainly a fan of the sword hands and I would have to know more about which bezel material is actually better, but on balance the knock-off milsub strikes me as a better looking watch, in the abstract.