or Connect

Posts by dopey

Bump
Can someone who follows/invests in the energy sector explain the nutshell difference between XOM, COP, BP and maybe some others? As companies and as investments. TIA
I am happy with the political stuff being left in the background and not really explained. It doesn't matter much. If there is going to be any political-type intrigue, it is better left to will she or won't she turn to the Dark Side of The Force than whether or not the Resistance spent operatives into the uncharted regions after the remnants of the Empire to spy on the First Order. The movie is more fun as a swashbuckler where all we have to know is who is on what side.
Thanks.
Yes. Luke, who we know is powerful in the force called out to her. We didn't need to know anything else.Yes. It was explicit exposition. They told us.I TFA we know Rey is somehow force sensitive because of the musical cue in the fight scene at the end, but it is never explained, nor does the movie explain how, earlier, she just knew how to do Jedi mind tricks or use telekenesis to steal a lightsaber from another powerful force user.
JR. Can you give me simple, easy to follow directions on how to get the de-specialized editions. Preferably with short words. I have tried reading them on various websites, but I've got arthritis. Ain't nobody got time for that.
There is a difference between a cliffhanger and something that doesn't make sense without further explanation in a future movie.
I have a friend who ordered a suit and I went to one of the fittings. It does exist. The overall silhouette was classic SR and while I recall that it took them some fittings to get right (which is what they are for), he said it came out well in the end.
While some of his comments were sensible, he too often fell back on "it is a setup for the next movie" or "it will be explained later". That is not an explanation. Rather, it is an acknowledgment that this movie is not a good piece of self-contained storytelling. I know this is now a franchise and we are supposed to buy ticket after ticket, but that does not make for a satisfying experience. As a whole, I liked the movie and most of the things in the Huffington Post...
Even cooler is that it kept its momentum while frozen and then, as soon as it was released, it continued with no loss of energy. That was kind of awesome.