or Connect

Posts by dopey

Most. The hook that allows it to come apart is not that common. Charvet was the only one I knew of offhand. Jpress was a good source but I now mostly buy from a local shop. Btw, the hook shouldn't bother you. If well constructed, you won't notice it one way or the other. I can't comment on drakes as I haven't any, but the charvet hook doesn't make a difference to how I knot the tie.
Some manufacturers have a hook that allows a tied to be removed without untying it. Charvet does that. The Hermes in the eBay link is a standard butterfly. The drakes are pointed end batwings. While batwings are as standard as butterflies, the pointed end is less so (and can also be on a butterfly shape). But pointed ends are just less common but not especially rare. These things are matters of preference and not terribly significant. My preference is for a slightly shaped...
seriously? Alan Smithee doesn't ring a bell? He's a famous movie producer.
I won't speak for others, but I don't wear a hat indoors.
Yes
I never leave the house without a hat.
These Formosa suits seem like the best deal going in RTW for a fantastic, high end product. Especially given the choice of fabrics.
To be clear, the FB discussion was among adults, wondering what they could get away with. They know what they are SUPPOSED to do and I am sure their kids all wear the uniform.
Why the hollow, cork filled heels?
Stitchy: Do you get any pushback in your community for the way you dress (or is that just for SF and when you are done taking pictures you go back inside and change to black pants, white shirt). Btw, there is a discussion on FB among the yeshivish crowd about which black loafers to wear and whether monks are loafers. Also how many suits and any colors other than black and is seersucker ok for summer (and can you wear a black straw hat). I thought of you, of course. Also ...