or Connect

Posts by dopey

Thanks, all The service person suggested the possibility of repainting the dial. It wasn't my idea. And I am not sure what she knows, anyway. Those options will be decided in Switzerland. If they could swap it out for an original dial (whose lume would also be dead) with the applied logo, I would do it, but the possibility of that being available is almost zero. And I would nix a different replacement dial. But re-painting the lume on the original dial seems...
I have a question, gentlemen, on which I would like your opinion. One of my favorite watches is a cal. 321 pre-moon Speedmaster. meaning it was the model that was tested and first used in the space program rather than the model that commemorates it, i.e., it uses the cal. 321 not the subsequent 861 movement, and has the seamonster logo on the back, rather than the "first watch used on the moon" commenmorative verbiage that came later. It just gave out on me this weekend...
On the subject of Donegals, I have a four piece suit in a brown donegal that is 17 years old and going strong. The cloth was from Holland & Sherry. Whether their current version is the same, I can't say, but if it is, then I would certainly recommend it.
San Dimas High football rules!!!
My DB DJ is ventless. My SB one had vents.
I like the tweed manifesto
To those of you have jury-rigged your day counters to try to keep track of the day of the month, don't forget to adjust it tonight or fiddle with it in the morning.
Mine was either Moulded shoe or Shoemart, though in either case, they were factory seconds of shoes made for the Japanese market (i have bought many pairs from both - Shoemart was up front about it, Moulded had been sketchy about explaining the branded R in a circle on the soles).
They are very clear in saying they are not. They have arrangements with ADs, and when you order a watch from them, they turn around and get the watch from an AD who stamps the card as if you bought from the AD rather than Prestigetime.
There is some conflicting information on the Prestige Time website:This makes it seem like sometimes you get a manufacturer's warranty:But it links to the below, which seems to say that you do sometimes get a manufacturer's warranty, but you have to go through them and they send it through their authorized dealer original supplierBut this, which you get with VC from them, seems more promising: