or Connect

Posts by dopey

This is what I have. An old pair from Brooks Brothers in white silk or nylon barathea with white braided ends. The braces themselves have yellowed a little bit though the ends are still bright white. I wear a white silk cummerbund, that has also yellowed since I bought in in 1986. Well . . . I used to wear it, but I stopped when I switched to DB a a few years ago.
^^^ Yep. And its true enough for most people. A useful perspective on what it means to choose to be fixated on the minutiae of a particular subject and obsess about its details over being a normal person.
Where are the Knicks? Mello should be healthy and the triangle should be clicking by the playoffs.
The Breitling Navitimer is a distinctive watch with a specific history. If someone likes it, and there are good reasons to do so, there is no point telling him another watch is a better "deal" because there is no other watch that is similar in the ways that make a Navitimer unique.
Also realized that it is an annual calendar rather than a perpetual.
Nope. But you helped me find it. It is a 5205g. Thanks
A guest last night wore a largish patek perpetual calendar with three windows for the date across the top and a moon phase dial lower center in yellow gold. It had an exhibition back. What model was that?
I read the black swan. It had good insights but reading Taleb is like listening to a smart asshole at a party. He has interesting things to say but you really can't stand him. At a party, depending on the other guests, the asshole might still be the most interesting person to talk to. Fortunately, there are many insightful books by authors who aren't insufferable so there is no real reason to read Taleb unless that is all your prison library has.
The Flusser shop will have them.
A look back at our future: http://www.city-journal.org/2013/bc1107ma.html