or Connect

Posts by dopey

Now you tell me. It is already in Switzerland!
So . . got back the estimate/proposal. they say that " Exchange of the dial is necessary." The part they intend to use is: DIAL BLACK PT.LUM.321SYMB APPL PROFI have been in touch with the rep here in NY and said that unless they are giving me the exact same dial (i.e. original to the model), I don't want it replaced and I want the original returned. I expect they can't give me a replacement original dial for the same reason they are unlikely to be able to return the...
My experience with them for this was not so good.
5cm
[Deleted for insensitivity - Mod.]
This is a very empowering statement and I want to let you know how appreciated it is. I used to participate in this thread but no longer felt safe. I hope to be able to return especially if your efforts lead the way.
look at the gorge (where the lapel notch is). You will see the seam where the collar joins the lapel. It is precisely parallel to the angle of your collar. At least it looks like that to me. Could just be a an artifact of the photo angle.
The consistently with the lapel/coat collar seam is pretty amazing (lines look to be perfectly parallel). Is that an accident?
Kevin Seah now has a young tailor working for him who apprenticed at Sedwell, one of the best on Savile Row. Sedwell is known for both its meticulous finishing and the emphasis its proprietor places on teaching. So that may make Seah worth a look. It is also a bit of a novelty in that the young tailor is a Lubavitch Rabbi. he used to blog or instagram at "Rabbi Tailor" so you might want to have a look at that, first.
I saw the Wool retrospective at the Guggenheim. I liked it, and can also see how it is attractive to collectors. If Apocalypse Now is your thing, you might also like Mel Bochner. Similar work.