or Connect

Posts by dopey

So Dolan is now telling New Yorkers to be Nets fans. Article in today's WSJ reports about a fan email to DOlan that Dolan actually responded to.
I didn't see much discussion on this, but last week, the Nets beat the Knicks in a game with playoff implications. Since the Nets are now 3-0 against the Knicks, they have clinched the regular season four-game series. That means in the event the Knicks and Nets are tied for the last playoff spot in the East, the Nets automatically get the berth.
Both are nice but I greatly prefer the Patek on aesthetic grounds (I don't know anything about the movements). But I recall Dino mentioning issues with the sturdiness of the Patek lugs on that model.In general, Roman numeral dials don't appeal to me because they can seem crowded and clumsy - the Calatrava is an example of one done beautifully that I really like. It is cleaner than the Lange which is more cluttered with the minute track and the stepped dial.One thing I...
hmm. I thought I liked IWCs, but seeing all of them laid out like that, I am mostly unmoved. The Explorer from the first set is likely sufficient. Maybe your XC just so I have a strap instead of a bracelet, but, frankly, I prefer it on a bracelet. I have some speedies, but if I didn't. I'd take yours. In any event, I had my fill before we got to this batch so it is hard to do any more shopping in your watch case. . . . unless there is another batch coming.
Yep. I must have meant the sea dweller. Whichever had no bubble over the day counter.As for the new batch, I think I would take all of them except for the round JLCs with day counter window.I especially like the black Minerva TZ cal. 49 as it is a companion to my white-dialed one.
General point, not directed at and particular post ^ It is a big mistake to think all people think like you or should. I have no idea what everyone wants from Styleforvm or what they get out of it. I am certainly not going to be offended if some people like to post pictures of themselves and things they own or if some people do not. Nor do I care if someone says they live in a 500,000 sf apartment and they really don't. Or if the say they do and they do. Or if they...
This gave rise to an interesting experiment. As soon as I saw your pics, but without paying any attention, I thought to myself - I will look at them and see which ones I would want to own myself.So here is the result. I assumed that I could have any or all of the ones I wanted for free but could not sell them, so taking value out of the equation entirely, and that by ownership, I have to actually want to wear them with some frequency. With those conditions in mind, I...
Small movements in big cases bother me because it seems like a break-down in integrated design. Rather, the manufacturer looks like it is treating its products like a parts assembly - case from bin A, movement from bin B dial from bin C, etc. It also bothers me that the case doesn't represent what is inside - it is like getting a giant gift box with a tiny present. The case exists to house the movement, not to house air, spacers and a movement. If manufacturers are...
WDYMWWM
Why do you need a 31 day counter? Especially one that doesn't start at zero. It is otherwise quite beautiful.