or Connect

Posts by dopey

Today's Wall Street Journal had a fascinating article about that was not Brexit except it was about Brexit. The gist is that the Italian banking system is in trouble (exacerbated, perhaps, by Brexit but that is besides the point). The Italian government would like to do a bailout of some kind that would involve [Italian] government investment in the banks to shore up their capital. Apparently, Brussels said that Italy may not bail out its banking system because that...
It was a very popular. common drink local (in popularity) to Venice. Usually, Aperol, white wine and sparkling water. For some reason, it spread wildly in the last two years.It is a great summer drink, low in alcohol and you can drink lots of it.I prefer Campari, something, and sparkling water. With the something being grapefruit or orange juice or lemonade or orange soda . . etc. (but not wine). It is the same idea. A slightly bitter, slightly sweet, tart, sparkling...
On my way out of town today I decided to switch to a watch with a day counter since it may be hard to keep track of elapsed days where I am but I might need to stay in touch with people back home on occasion and it would be useful to know the date. The day counter is a good way to keep track of elapsed days and I advanced it to today's date as a proxy for the date. Mine counts 31 days, so would someone remind me to reset it at the end of the month? June has 30 days and I...
Fuck you all
How good is Rose, now? I haven't seen him in a few years and thought his career was done.
I am wearing my first Solito-made suit today. Damn . . . it is good-looking. In fairness, it might be me.
Come on. Feel the Verm.
That's how it worked in the past. Kilgour certainly did that for many years. As I recall, they were even made in the US by HF or HSF (Kilgour). And they may have had some control but probably not that much. For a long time, Barney's sold Huntsman shirts. Long before Huntsman made any.
It is likely that the Huntsman RTW sold at Barney's is entirely different than what they sell out of their own shop. Separately, I know someone who also tried their MTM (not sure if they still do it) and was very happy with it, although he didn't like the fact that the shoulder expression was pretty much take it or leave it. He was a pretty experienced bespoke customer, so he both knew enough to know what he was buying into and also to know he was getting a compromise. ...
Yes. When I was checking Rolex's site, I mis-remembered and thought Mimo's was a 26mm OP. That does have a 2xxx series movement,