or Connect

Posts by dopey

Re the Aquanaut v. Nautilus debate, I will offer the following. We are friends with a couple where one has one and the other has the other, so I often get to see both being worn at the same time. The Aquanaut does not suffer in comparison, at all (although I can't comment on the finishing). On the contrary, the Aquanaut seems more like a real sports watch and less like a fancy steel watch. To me, it is a more straightforward product. That is, of course, entirely...
I think I have mentioned this before here. I once used a bespoke maker and had three pairs of shoes made. Each pair was a bit of a fight as the shoes seemed tight to me and vacuum sealed to my feet. While he would adjust them a bit for each pair and on subsequent pairs, I was never happy, although the last pair made was pretty good and he then re-lasted the others. But he fought me every step of the way and insisted the shoes fit correctly. Eventually, I switched to...
lol. Is that really a gold dress with brown stripes? It looks like a white dress with blue stripes to me.
huh? Don't you have a Nautilus? What is special about this one? Pt? Or am I misremembering?
Have you seen Chris Hadfield's Space Oddity video? Apart from showing how much Europa Report used the ISS as a model, it is awesome.
The opposite of ^ in style is probably Europa Report, which was, nonetheless, a good movie. Streamable on Netflix at the moment.
Frayed. Collar points, neck and cuffs. Really shockingly bad performance. Since these were the only shirts Lachter ever made me (or will), it could be attributable to his construction, but I doubt that. A couple from the batch he made are ok, and I am guessing those were not the Soktas ones.
Stephen Lachter convinced me to try them and they were the only shirts I have ever owned that wore out in less than a year.
I am sure I mentioned this before, but we have friends who have a house full of Nakashima. It is inherited and only part of what the woman's parents had. The woman is in her 60s, and as she explained it her parents had some sort of subscription and they paid Nakashima a certain sum every month and he would just make and send them furniture. This went on for years. I also don't think it was supposed to be that unusual of an arrangement with him. That may be how he...
théâtre vérité