or Connect

Posts by dopey

Correct. You have put aside the fabric but not the funds required to make the suit, so the liability is unfunded. At least that is what I was thinking way back when: I realized that I wasn't sitting on a stockpile of cloth, I was sitting on a bunch of only partially-made and partially-paid-for suits.
As a friend explained about the membership requirements at his once-exclusive club that has now fallen on harder times: They are looking for a pulse and a checkbook, and they are not so strict about the pulse.
Exactly. or maybe topcoat. I keep looking at the cut length and saying - "that is great, don't screw it up."I think it is the Coops 2 but without an overcheck, but I don't recall the Coops 2 for sure. It is a large scale B&W glen check, but the black has gray and the white has cream so not as severe as it could be.
I still have the Coops 1. I like it so much I am afraid to have it made.
I think I have explained this before, and it is obviously just my opinion, but the rule is that the dial should display the following:1. Brand2. Other information the owner should have that isn't readily apparent.That is why depth rating should go on the dial (or else be engraved on the case back).On a solid case back watch, putting "automatic" or "perpetual" makes sense. It doesn't if there is a display back.Chronomotre or Superlative Chronometre is ok because there is...
I've got two of those. And an old primus.
I would love to love a Grand Seiko. But I have yet to see one whose design isn't awful. What is baffling to me is that so often, Japanese design is fantastic. But I don't see anything Japanese in the design. I understand that the execution is meticulous, in that typical Japanese way, and that is great. But every single GS I have seen is ugly, or at best characterless and derivative.
What is wrong with that? It is a perfectly conventional summer suit color.
Yep. This is right, but given that he is trying this out and he is mostly going to be working the online crowd, saving some money is not a terrible idea. He can trade up if this turns out to be more successful and a recurring thing.
heh heh heh. bueno. excellente.