or Connect

Posts by facet

Body slimmed, the neck is way too wide, shoulders narrowed, sleeves slimmed and shortened. Even then, it probably won't look at that great since things would then be out of proportion. Trust us on this. Sometimes you just need cut your losses and walk away from something rather than sinking more money on a lost cause; save the money for something that you'll be happy with.
Have any of you purchased the navy peacoat? http://us.suitsupply.com/en_CA/coats/blue-peacoat/J414I.html?cgid=Coats If so, how have you found it to be warmth and thickness wise?
What I did for my groomsmen was I chose a few wedding, silver/grey/black and white ties from Sam Hober's collection, then had my groomsmen rank their favourites. The one that they ranked highest was the one that they got as a gift (I did the ranking just in case there was a tie and I needed to go down to their next ranked preference but it ended up not being necessary). Funny enough, it still ended up being a surprise for them because they had just assumed that they were...
I wouldn't say that they are must haves, certainly not the far right one that is checked. My wife works in the luxury hotel industry so, from what I've seen, I would say that any one of (from left to right, and ranked in that order of preference) the 2nd to 4th shoes would be perfectly acceptable. The main thing is for your husband to take things slow and not buy too many things at once. Once you get him a pair of work shoes, you can slowly add/upgrade items as you go...
Suitsupply has sportcoats in staple colours. Also you can check out ehaberdasher; Benjamin does his own line of clothing and his sportcoats are probably the best value for dollar from what I can read.
Yeah, they'd be quite a bit different in cuts as h&m is more fashion forward, hence the shorter jacket length, while ben's stuff is more classic in its styling. So, at 5'5", you definitely should be ordering short for jacket length if you're not buying from the more trendy brands.
You're unimpressed with the quality of a $600 suit because it's not on par with that of a $5000 suit? That makes no sense.
Any particular colour or material?
Yeah, I didn't get the impression that you were upset about not getting compliments, just looking to swap stories/info.Anyhoo, my collection consists of (all AE):Merlot Park AvesWalnut JeffersonsBlack Garners (single monk strap)Saddle Brown ParliamentsBrown KenilworthsMy Jeffersons easily get the most complimented; but they all have except for the Kenilworths, interestingly (but not surprisingly, I guess) enough.
You can check out ehaberdasher as well to see if he has any navy sport coats left in your size. I don't own one but earlier reviews have been extremely positive.