or Connect

Posts by facet

that being the case, I would still echo reidro's recommendation for a plain toe blucher. I have the kenilworth from AE in dark brown and it's the most versatile shoe I own. It's great for suits as well as dressing down a bit.
Agreed. At some point, you realize what things in life are really important and what things are entirely inconsequential.
Any thoughts on what would be a good choice for a fourth sportcoat? My wife got me a giftcard to SuitSupply as Christmas gift so I was thinking of using it towards expanding my humble wardrobe. My collection currently is comprised of: 1. Navy 2. Grey herringbone 3. Blue herringbone (cotton I was thinking of getting something in brown (wasn't sure if I should get medium or light though). But then I read somewhere about green being a good choice as well. Anybody have any...
Ah, gotchya.
Any particular reason for a dark red tie as opposed to a black one? I'm not saying it's wrong or anything, just curious is all.
That's always been a problem with me. My Napoli has a little bit of it; but I've found that the Havana, with it's unpadded shoulder, has none that issue. I was curious though: what happened when you tried the 42R? If the 42S works, I would think that a 42R should be workable then as well, and might be a better compromise for you.
I would just explain it honestly, that you think that it's the sleevehead or cap that needs shortening, and see how he responds. I actually had to demonstrate on the sleeve itself on how the excess material needed to be removed. Or, you can bluff and say that you've experienced it before, yada, yada, yada.
Hi Tuxedo CatThanks. The tie width is 3.25"; I had purchased them as gifts for my groomsmen. If you do end up going with the Napoli suit, then yeah, I I think 2.5" would be too narrow. From what I have gathered on here, as archibaldleach has already mentioned above me, something in the traditional wedding colours of grey/silver (or black and white such that it looks grey) is generally the preferred choice on styleforum for wedding ties (There's another picture in my "ask a...
Hey Cat Sure, not a problem. Hope these help.
Kent Wang, apparently.