or Connect

Posts by machiavelli

Quote: Originally Posted by timpoblete Just received an e-mail full of pics from Jonathan + Olivia: Small world... I was at J+O Toronto when they were taking those pics. Took the opportunity to snag the rust indian block print popover and the black block print scarf. Needless to say, I'm anxious for the first days of warmer weather to arrive!
Received mine on 24th as well, prompting my earlier post...
Just wanted to extend a big thank you to Kane for organizing this sale. It was no doubt quite an ordeal on his part keeping all us rabid w+h fans happy and he likely will not get all the gratitude he deserves for the effort. So THANK YOU KANE for making all this happen, its surely made mine a very merry xmas! Seasons greetings to you all!
same here -- weird cuz I was just browsing the thread no prob, then logged in to pm kane and was challenged to give password to view the thread again...
lucky4 worked fine for me and i'm in canada as well. i'd suggest just placing your order then calling or emailing with order number and have them manually apply the code. This is the process i went through to get the 30% first time buyer discount.
Quote: Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife sorry if this has been posted before but an EG article in MENS VOGUE nothing new i guess but hey hey hey Thanks for posting the link, that was a nice little read. One thing caught my attention though, Daiki is quoted as saying: "People think that if it's a good fabric and a good construction, then it's a good garment. But it's not necessarily. You can have good fabric and not great...
Recently, I've been taking some of my pieces to Paul's Tailors up at Bathurst and 401. They've done a fairly good job of altering what I've brought in -- ie shortened sleeves and brought in the sides on an EG jacket for me recently (even managing to keep the finished seems on the inside) which anyone who's handled an EG piece knows is difficult cuz their stuff has such complex structuring. Was at Nomad last saturday to pick up my EG vest from being tailored and they...
Quote: Originally Posted by anothergreenworld Check out the flare on this... Quote: Originally Posted by timpoblete The material in the Norfolk above is gorgeous, although since it's such a busy pattern it might've worked better with a simpler jacket. That was my impression as well when I tried on this particular piece. While I thoroughly appreciated the old school nature of the material...
TNT Blu in Toronto has their full shipment of EG which includes olive and tan corduroy bedfords, plaid norfolk, corduroy pants, tan parka, fishing vest and several workshirts. Their pricing, like all items they carry, is a little high (eg 450CAD + tax for bedford) but they did have several sizes in each item.
Quote: Originally Posted by j Hmm, I like that UQ shirt. Did you get it recently (i.e. do they still have them)? How's the quality? Any other colors available? Welcome to the forum. Thanks for the greets J. I just picked it up from the soho location last week, so it should be available. IIRC there are 3 choices: yellow, green, blue and check variation(s)... yes that's right - 4 choices! Quality wise, it seems pretty good. The...