or Connect

Posts by hth2002

The pants fit great through the thigh and seat. There seems to be a little khaki diaper butt going on. Your shirt may be too long and too wide. The extra fabric can bunch up in your pants, when they are tucked. It's either the shirt or your boxers are too baggy. You may need to have the shirt taken in or shortened slightly.
Svenn, 16" is too big, if you measured your neck at 14.5". The shirts will shrink about 2-3%. Unless, you have a very small neck compared to your body, the shirts will have at least 10"+ of fabric allowance in the chest and waist.
Svenn, 16" is too big, if you measured your neck at 14.5". The shirts will not shrink that much. Unless, you have a very small neck compared to your body, the shirts will have at least 10"+ of fabric allowance in the chest and waist.
A general rule is to measure collar size with 2 fingers side-by-side. It allows you movement in the neck. You can size up from there, if you like a looser fit. Sizing up the collar size will make the body of off-the-rack shirts very loose in the body though. 2 years ago, I bought several shirts with a snug collar(16"), based on measurements without the 2 fingers. They were snug and gradually got tighter. After 6 months, I could not close the top button on any...
I avoid wearing white underwear with white linen pants or white dress shirts. Heather gray underwear works for me. That's the reason women buy underwear in nude color. Try buying some grey undershirts, if the dress shirts are too sheer. White underwear will create a whiter outline.
I purchased a Prince of Wales pinpoint oxford. It was see-through for me. I have a natural tan complexion. Brooks Brothers are just as bad. Obama has some great opaque white shirts. Some posters have said that he wears A-shirts. They are never see-through even against his dark skin with bright TV lights shining on him. I wonder if it's twill and who makes it.
I think this thread is a repeat of this thread. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=35147
Just find something that fits in the shoulders and chest and get the waist taken in. Clothing for a 40" chest should be easy to find.
Black boots with a shiny silver buckle is a traditional look. See the catalog model.
For shoe colors, get at least 1 dark brown and 1 black, the 3rd pair can be of either color. You can also get burgundy, but that will force you to buy another belt and more shoe polish. With a $300 limit, funds are precious and need to be spent wisely. Dark brown can be worn with lt grey, charcoal grey, navy, and tan. Just don't wear them with black pants. Black is safe for most colors of pants, but a brown belt and shoes works better with tan or khaki...