or Connect

Posts by s2kong

do you have measurements for the LW hoodie?
thanks again kiya for the help with the okinawas vs. samurais. picked up the okinawas. the denim and all the details are crazy nice. wish i was taller so i could eventually get some samurais but i see your point about the inseams on those being too long. maybe i'll consider some ironhearts or flatheads in a few months when my credit card bill isnt hurting so much..
whats the tagged waist size?
i have a pair of RB6-0165. Seems like a standard 5 pocket straight leg with a dark indigo color. The denim is 13.75 oz from the tag. They come pretty stiff but loosened over the past 2.5 weeks of wear. You are right about dry, 1wash, non-selvage. Nice details like the leaf on the rivets, Rag & Bone name on the top button fly, hidden backpocket rivets. With the 20% coupon, should be a nice buy. I believe they are treated with resin or sanforizid, so shrinkage and color...
Didn't see a L in the San Francisco store for the tiger fleece. Only tiger fleece was that medium one.
Just FYI, there is 1 Classic Fit medium W+H Tiger Fleece in the Red with black flecks at the San Francisco American Rag. There have some other W+H zip up hoodies but they are the distressed versions (don't think they are tiger fleece).
I agree with all the other posts about getting a badger brush, good shaving cream and a DE razor. I bought myself a brush and it made the biggest difference in the world. The brush along with some hot water allows you to apply a smooth layer of shaving cream that will help prevent some of that razor burn. I'm not sure if you need to get really expensive shaving cream as long as it is a glycerin-based one. The more expensive ones like Taylor's or Trumpers are nice...
i was wondering why that pair was 500 bucks...
i guess i made the statement about differences to imply that if i were deciding which ones to buy, it would all be a matter of personal preference about which details you like. whether you prefer the hair on hide patch or the snakeskin patch or whether you want okinawan cloth lined pockets, etc. i'm sure they would also fade differently due to the different indigo dye used but i haven't seen too many pictures of faded japan originals. the detergent doesn't sound too bad...
thanks. the history preservation site helped a lot. Wish i could read japanese for the sugarcane site. maybe i'll try google translator later. i'm assuming the only differences between the japan originals are the details (i.e. pocket lining, type of indigo dye, etc.)? i also read on the history preservation site something about using special detergent.. taken from history preservation: "This prized feature of Sugar Cane selvage dungarees can be rejuvenated by...