or Connect

Posts by lachlanf

You would think that a physical store would be the go, but in fact the stores in australia have extremely random selections, and for a completely unknown reason the australian distributor doesn't even bring in the larger 54mm/55mm models :s... so, since I have a big head, I'm forced online . I can probably answer the first question in a shop (maybe better worded as 'do new wayfarers have the same lens-arm angle as the original wayfarers?) but not the second part of the...
1. Do RB2132 wayfarers have a less acute (as is closer to a right angle) angle between their lens and arm than the RB2140s? 2. What is the purpose of the flex in the RB2113 hinges, and otherwise are these glasses the same shape as the RB2132s? 3. How hard is it to source 150mm arms for wayfarers? does anyone know a site stocking glasses with these longer arms? An answer to any of these questions would be awesome cheers
can someone please explain the flex feature of the Ray Ban 2113 wayfarers to me? Do they just open out a little wider than the normal hinges?
quick vote on the lens colour for a pair of tortoise shell wayfarers (dark, not havana or whatever); 'crystal green', 'natural brown', or 'brown' (which is apparently just like 'light brown' basically)? leaning towards green right now, seems the most classic option.... no need for any comments about them being played, they look good and I don't care if every supermodel has been wearing them non stop for about 3 years :P, otherwise thanks for your input
While I'm not going to otherwise argue with you, this is a massively exaggerated statement- Quote: When/if you do see a guy sporting a beard, it would be almost impossible to concentrate on anything else.
So in a massive clean out of my over flowing wardrobe I've found a couple of things I'd basically forgotten about; some sperrys, and a pair of imperial jeans I bought a while ago. I'd really like to bring them back into service, probably in a rolled up summery combo (for my australian summer upcoming ), but have shed a fair bit of weight since I bought them... like as in I'm now wearing a pair of APCs in 28, whereas these are 33. Now I should be in an APC 29 really, which...
just to kind of tie this up; I'm keeping it for the time being. I've trimmed it back on whats in those pics, and heavily shaped the chin and jaw area with scissors so it's squarer and contours my face rather than rounding it. the neck is most certainly shaved with a sharp line. It is patchy around the cheeks, but I don't think it's so bad, and if I keep it for another 2-3 years I think it will be quite dark and full around there, given how it has darkened up in the last...
on a more technical note, the sides of my beard, particularly the areas directly below my cheekbones, are a fair bit thinner and patchier than my chin (which is very thick)... My barbers solution to this when I got him to tidy me up was to do these bits longer, 3.5 vs 3 with the clippers... was this a good approach? It did make them look fuller, but also a fair bit more unruly. Would I be better to cut them significantly shorter? Also, I've been thinking of going...
Quote: Originally Posted by countcount Will you be doing auditing or consulting? What city? IT consulting, in melbourne. It's probably not as strictly a professional role as auditing, but it's also more interpersonal and requires more 'selling.'
Hey guys, first time post, so first off I guess, how's it going? My issue is that I've recently been offered Summer work at one of the big 4 auditing firms, which will no doubt lead into a graduate offer if I'm even marginally impressive. I've managed to land the job sporting my rather patchy (but well trimmed) beard, but I'm wondering how people feel a beard might affect me in the long term? I'm well aware of the adage that people don't trust men with beards, and...