or Connect

Posts by Taken Aback

Quote: Originally Posted by baseball_guy While the suggested retail price may be close between RL and Lacoste, the real selling price is not close. RL is sold in discount stores and Lacoste is not sold at discount stores. In the USA, RL is always on sale for $30 at Marshalls, 365 days per year. Lacoste has never been sold at Marshalls or any discount store that I know of. This makes Lacoste more exclusive, which is one element of high end. It is something...
Quote: Originally Posted by fredfred fyi - Nordstrom Rack Union Square Opening date: May 11 (not confirmed) It's on their site now.
I know this is a common practice in the music industry to prevent returns of CDs and promo copies sent to radio or freebies, but I hd no idea until now this was done to shoes. Although, I have seen samples of clothing with swatches cut out. Do many others than Nordstroms do this? I haven't even seen shoes at a thrift shop with this.
It's worse when it's a chain thrift in a city of others with central warehouse distribution. If you're unlucky a suit can actually be split by a few miles. Quote: Originally Posted by vinasity Saving the best for last Daewoo Convection microwave! $14 Those are the best. Enjoy your browned chicken. I tend to pass over this stuff in thrifts, since even if you can plug it in, it can be hard to know if it's been repaired or...
Quote: Originally Posted by GoldenTribe All I see is a guy in a suit jacket, ugly fuschia pants, and ill-selected sneakers walking a bride down the street. Was there something about nice clothes? I'm not defending the cut, or that he pulls off the look, but with a ribbon belt, the pants are probably meant to be nantucket reds, and the shoes are probably Sperry CVO's, not sneakers (although they always look like converse to me). That seems...
Quote: Originally Posted by BillyMaysHere! ^ I wouldn't do that. Not, if I had his money.
Quote: Originally Posted by aj_del Where did this picture come from? I swear I have seen this guy board a bus in NYC, yet he was wearing a deerstalker hat.
Quote: Originally Posted by jakeeshannon Alot of things I feel like I would probably look bad in. Vnecks and chino shorts and pants for instance are a few things. Not all shorts are 6". You may look better with a 9-11". Quote: Originally Posted by WhateverYouLike Lose weight first. You say the fat needs to be burned off, so get on that first. No point buying shit that will not fit anymore soon. So true.
Quote: Originally Posted by baseball_guy I could buy Ralph Lauren Polos at Marshalls for example, they are $35. But they might only have 2 or 3 colors to chose from, and only sizes M and L. If you are a size S or XL you may be out of luck. If you want a white or yellow RL Polo, you may have to wait a month or longer until they get those colors, and then they sell fast. You never know what they will have in stock. I think the whole point of a Marshalls is...
Quote: Originally Posted by linkster http://www.rlclassic.com/media/catal.../1/_/1_2_2.jpg Does anyone know what this jacket is called and if I can still get it? Quote: Originally Posted by yerrow that was a reversable jacket from 2 holidays ago, you won't find it in any RL retail stores, the chances of finding it anywhere would be akin to finding a needle. This reminds me of a much older Polo coat I have in...