or Connect

Posts by Taken Aback

Quote: Originally Posted by DocHolliday I do it. I don't mind having similar stuff in rotation. I even used to stockpile stuff, for future use, but I've cut down on that. There can be a downside: You don't like the item as much as you expected You gain weight You lose weight Moths get to it You have to store it If you move, you have to move it The items end up being available for even less later (See: Incotex frenzy; Talbott cufflinks; dotted...
Quote: Originally Posted by the_sartorialist I would proceed with caution using this approach, only because you may end up losing or gaining weight, so I wouldn't stock up to the extent as though Armaggedon was imminent. If 10 of an item in one color and style, then I agree. However, if you find that brand of polo is flattering in a certain size and cut, I see no problem with buying all the colors you like if you know you'll wear them all in...
If someone sends that to him, he's sure to use it.
Quote: Originally Posted by razl Sandals for men - mandals or otherwise - are just hideous. I include Birkenstocks in that category. However, if you want something for summer that your feat can breathe in and that can pair with shorts for activities, I like the semi-open Merrel's like these (they have other similar models): Admittedly not elegant, but more capable than flip-flops, less stupid than sandals, and they prevent you from forcing...
The vibram soled one turned out to be a bit more inflexible than I hoped, but I can actually run in them. The second pair is as flexible and supportive as running shoes I've had. I'm still surprised.
Do you have hairy feet? A leather tongue can irritate if you do.
The OP's pic shows a pair not even feigning appearance of arch support. The Memphisto's usually have it, but are too pricey. I would still seek out a pair with some.
Cargo pants seem so much worse than shorts. I give the op credit for some restraint.
Memphisto are great for fit and comfort, but horrifically overpriced. Being made in France is admirable, but not a prerequisite for purchase. I post knowing I step firmly into the barrel here, but... I'm a fan of this general style of open sport sandal. It's not a type of shoe I would wear constantly, but it has some positive aspects. I'm not a fan of the one above, but there is something to be said for a sandal you can run in and still feel the elements through. A...