or Connect

Posts by Taken Aback

I just noticed SF now seems to be lagging behind on vBulletin version. How can j sleep at night???
Yes, once you kiss the ring, you're in. It's just unfortunate that the original logo wasn't copyrighted.
Quote: Originally Posted by lasbar I hate that current pedo chic fashion fad with very young model without any chest... It is a bit disturbing.. Sounds like you'd be a fan of this: IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a...
Quote: Originally Posted by baseball_guy Thrift stores? That is your place to buy $30 Lacoste? I'm talking about REAL stores that always stock items at a discount. You can walk into a Marshalls any day and they will have at least a dozen Ralph Lauren polos priced at $30. That is their EVERYDAY PRICE. They NEVER carried Lacoste. You really ought to read more carefully before replying to a post.
They are a more fall/winter variety of polo, so you picked a good time for bargains. Off-price chains are chock full of past season stock from RL. JCPenney has lesser brands like Izod and American Living in their clearance racks as well.
Quote: Originally Posted by seanpatrickb Those look pretty nice^. One thing I forgot to say about vinyl is that an easy way to grab some rarer stuff without knowing anything is to look for colored vinyl. While its not always worth something, more often times than not colored vinyl was a limited run. Actually a lot of crap was pressed on colored vinyl in the 80s. Picture discs are more indicative of being limited, but there's been some crap...
I'd say the second pair. The first being perforated would be cooler for the feet, though.
Quote: Originally Posted by Nataku Great story! What type of music was it, if you don't mind me asking? I'm really into psych/prog of the late 60's and early 70's. Finding that stuff on vinyl in a thrift is near impossible. It seems that everyone who has an orig. pressing knows what they have. While my tastes actually span further than that specific take, it was late 70s/early 80s pre-new wave stuff. Early imports and promos from The Police,...
Quote: Originally Posted by EBTX66 I was also digging through a bucket of ties on a counter and they told me to stop because "our lady has to go through them and pull out the good ones". I had seen an Armani and a Polo in there so I figured those would be jacked up but she let those go out on the "normal' rack. I talked to her and she actually appeared to know what she was doing. She just goes through them and looks for Hermes, Brioni, etc. Those she...
Quote: Originally Posted by baseball_guy Lacoste is not stold at discount stores. Lacoste polos sell for $79.50. Ralph Lauren can be found at discount stores. Ralph Lauren polos sell for $30 at discount stores. You seem to have glossed over my post pointing out that you were incorrect. Quote: Originally Posted by baseball_guy Not true. If they sell solid basic color Lacoste for $30 give me a link to a true store with real...