or Connect

Posts by KayJay85

We needed this thread Thanks
Went by today to pick up my first shirt and to be honest it was a bit of a disaster. I tried on the shirt and discovered that the sleeves had been incorrectly attached (left sleeve in right armhole etc). This had not been picked up by the shirtmaker in Cyrpus and had not been checked in London either. To be honest that reminded me of some online MTM total lack of QC issues which I had hoped to avoid by meeting with somebody face to face. Probably due to the above the...
H&K slimfit doesnt go on sale which would put them out of OPs budget as well
I know you said you went by Jermyn St but N&L has tailored fit at 3 for 180 which I find are the slimmest of the lot there. However, if you are a 15.5 and want button cuffs you are SOL
Thanks, you're a gent
Would also be nice to see sleeve lengths on the shirts Great stuff as always
Noticed that you have been asking around re this book for a while now I had my first bespoke suit made from this book (Navy birdseye). I am quite happy with it. Without knowing too much about other options I would say it feels like quite a sturdy cloth (12/13 oz IIRC). I was guided to the cloth by my tailor when I asked for a navy suit with texture. If you have other questions I can strive to answer them. No pics unfortunately.
Apparently it is advisable to own a tux for my MBA program as there are a number of formal dinners etc. How much should I expect to pay for an entry-level rig (suit + shirt etc) and where can I get it? Thanks in advance KJ
I am EXACTLY in the same boat as you with H&H as my staple but as they dont make slim fit button cuff shirts I have been looking elsewhere I visited Erlend at Stephen Shirts and have ordered one shirt. I can let you know when I get it back (which should be in 2 weeks). Biggest disappointment was the limited fabric selection but will hold off judgement on the quality and fit until I receive the shirt
Quote: Originally Posted by clee1982 Probably some has to do with sizing/fit issue as well. I mean it's like Vass, except without the discussion thread where people chun in on their sizing experience. Imagine buying Vass U last on a single person's fit experience... +1 I am a 10.5/11 UK but have no idea how these fit to C&J/Cleverly Austerity brogue is beautiful