or Connect

Posts by KayJay85

Gents As the title suggest, where would you recommend I search for a coat to wear to work, as well as over jeans. At work I am usually sans suit and wearing a jumper and flat front trousers. I would like to have something in Grey/Charcoal or Brown with perhaps a Herringbone pattern. Ideally something versatile is what I am driving for here. Aiming to spend under £300 and willing to wait until the New Year to benefit from markdowns. This has some potential but I...
the first tip is to use the search feature on the forum to find answers to questions already answered. just throw in keywords such as "cheap suits" or "shoe care" or "measurements" and see what comes up that should spare you from some of the more quick-tempered folk around here congrats on making the plunge
Cashmere, thanks for the heads up on the AS Havant but I am looking for brown calf, not suede. I did see some AS chukkas and while they were nice they didn't seem to do the same for me as some others. Kev/VoxPops I did look at Trickers but as with many of their shoes, I find them too "clunky" for my liking. Prefer sleeker lines I can find elsewhere
Thank you all for your opinions and advice. Will have to wait until next weekend to make a final decision. I did look at Rider Boot which looks amazing but I am based in London and am uneasy buying shoes that I cannot try on first. The bespoke shoes by DWCII look nice but like you mentioned, they are out of my range
As image shared above there are a number of threads regarding the quality of the Rose Collection. However, I am heartened to hear that you have a positive experience with your Grenson Chertsey. Just to clarify, I am looking for brown calf chukkas not suede. Will try and see what prices I can scrounge up on the Tetbury and Chertsey and then take the plunge accordingly. Will post eventual results
After spending some time on the forum I have started looking for a pair of brown chukkas to wear primarily with jeans but also versatile enough to wear with trousers at work. I have worked my options down to: - Grenson Chertsey - Cheaney Jackie - C&J Tetbury - Loake Kempton I am leaning towards the Chertsey but I have read that the Rose Collection is not worth it. What would you folks recommend, keeping price in mind as well if possible? Any candidates I have...
Were those DB trenches which got snapped up called "Bladen"? I am looking for a beige Bladen in 40R if you get another set
Looking for a grey (NOT charcoal) peacoat with a budget of £300. Suggestions? All I can see is the Acquascutum Connelly at £595 Thanks in advance
I am on the hunt for the same as the OP and have narrowed my search down to a more traditional DB trench. However, I am straying from the original in that I am looking for something slightly short of full length and have settled for the Acquascutum Bladen coat. However, I am still looking/waiting for it to become available at a cheaper price and in the meantime the Grenfell does look attractive (though not much cheaper). Over at AACC there is a thread about the...
Still looking