or Connect

Posts by Saddleback Leather

Quote: Originally Posted by romafan moo, hypothetical - if sb said they had seen/handled the bootleg bags, and that the quality was good, would you jump on the deal? I say, of course! Hell yeah! Every company hates bootleg bags because it steals revenue and intellectual property from the company. But if there is a bag that is similar, but not a copyright infringement, and has great quality at a much lower price, why wouldn't you buy...
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria Does Saddleback make anything out of deerskin? - B No, we don't make anything out of deerskin or calfskin. We use full-grain cow leather. While deerskin is nice and soft, it's not thick or durable enough for the bag design we are shooting for. Update, Ancient Knight will be banned from Ebay shortly.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr. Moo Interesting... so you've never handled one of these bags? What were other reproduced bags like? Nope, this seller looks fairly new. It's also obvious that they are copying Saddleback. We've had a few sellers banned from Ebay before for copying our bags. One of our former producers who we worked with briefly started selling our bags after we moved production from them because over 50% of the bags they...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr. Moo I would like to hear what Saddleback has to say about this bags. Thank you Mr. Moo, I just noticed this thread and checked out the bags on Ebay. We've had trouble over the years with people reproducing our bags. We've even had companies we've worked with steal our designs and try to sell them. We had one customer threaten to reproduce our bags if we didn't give in to a demand he had. I have no idea who...
President Obama's Every Day Carry Bag, The Xiamen Barrington Arts and Crafts Co. Ltd
Quote: Originally Posted by Mildly Consumptive Tusting Clipper. How long have you had your bag? It looks like it is aging beautifully.
Quote: Originally Posted by A.K.A. Lots of love for Mulholland Brothers here. Virgin trip with mine was this week. The Aviator bag barely fits under a coach class seat. On the way to my seat, a female passenger in seated in the row in front of me reached out and admiringly touched the bag as I passed by her. She said, "Beautiful bag." That never happened with my old Tumi. That is quite a compliment to receive! The first time you have...
Quote: Originally Posted by LA Guy Yeah, it's been done. So, then, just to be clear, you're saying there was no shilling done in this thread?
Quote: Originally Posted by DrZRM Dean Leather messenger bag, but it's a bit tight for my computer. Looking for something roomier. That is an awesome design! Does the leather flap close with a snap? Where do you put your laptop charger and cord?
Quote: Originally Posted by srivats USA. This is actually a very interesting topic to me. I have followed many of the articles about Chinese production in The Economist and other periodicals. I know there are some bad headlines about products coming from China, (lead-based toys, etc.), but a lot of the products Americans use everyday and many of our components in our electronics, etc. are made in China. Many of the factories over there...