or Connect

Posts by Wilfried

I'm afraid I can't afford to just ditch a $280 bag. And when it works, it's an attractive and functional. Custom Hide used to have a reputation for excellent customer service. My first two interactions with them were very good. Has something changed? Or have a few people had bad luck (seeing as people in forums are more likely to post problems and complaints, rather than compliments)? I'm not defending them, but wondering if they should be written off. Maybe I am...
I'm not sure I should pile on, but this happened today, I came found this thread, and I feel the need to share. I bought a Custom Hide Scholar with pockets about a year and a half ago. That went smoothly, and I was very happy with the bag. However, just a month or two later, one attachment for the shoulder strap broke. I sent it back for repair. They paid for shipping both ways, and they went out of their way to make it right. Even so, I was without my new bag for 3+...
Quote: Originally Posted by ridders I'm a bit nervous, upon close inspection of their website, I noticed that they've changed their design such that the shoulder strap now attaches to the top of the bag- as near as i can tell 99% of flap over bags seem to attach at various difference points on the sides of the bags... The reasoning from MW was logical- people were experienceing bunching along the area where the D ring was located. It appears that...
In case anyone hasn't noticed, Filson is running a summer sale from their website. Does anyone have an opinion on their shelter cloth bomber jacket?
Quote: Originally Posted by js0930 just fyi, filson.com just put a some stuff on discount, so might be worth taking a look (especially if you want this stuff for hunting/shooting). One of the sale items is a lined oil finish timberline jacket. It looks like it might a useful spring/fall jacket. Does anyone have an opinion on it? Are there any free shipping coupons about these days? All the ones I turned up seem to be expired.
Quote: Originally Posted by Chauncey Underselling is a short-sided approach to retail. Filson knows this...so do the big guys (Bloomingdales) and they wont carry stuff they can't make a proffit from. There is only so much floor/shelf space... Could you explain a little more fully? I suppose there is logic, but I still don't understand. Clearly I'm not in retail... Quote: Originally Posted by patagoniacommunity If that's the...
If Filson pitched a fit at Crane's for offering too big a discount, it only seems fair that they do the same to Sportco. I don't know if this is the place to ask, but why does Filson care? If places like Crane's and Sportco can offer a deeper discount, they move more goods, and Filson makes more money. How is this bad for Filson? The logic escapes me. Are they afraid that it's going to undermine their brand somehow? Even with a discount, their stuff is still hardly cheep.
Neat trick with the eBags price match. I tried it with a Filson wallet I just ordered. I sent the request last night, and this morning I got an email saying they were going to refund me the difference. Cool. I already have the 30% cash back pending in my Bing account. For those who tried this, did they adjust the amount they were giving as cash back? They don't let you access that money for 60 days to allow for possible returns and such, so perhaps they also use that time...
I noticed the Filson exclusion too. Nevertheless I took a chance and placed an order this afternoon for a Filson wallet. I've already gotten an email notification from Bing, and my cashback account shows the 30% pending. eBags has a generous return policy and pays for return shipping, so I figured there wasn't anything to lose by placing an order. If I didn't get the cashback award, I could simply return it. In the event, despite what the website seems to say, the...
Thanks to lurking on this forum, I ordered a Custom Hide briefcase, the Scholar with pockets. Overall, it seems quite nice, but there seems to be a problem with the shoulder strap. The briefcase has two main compartments, and two gussets. On one side the shoulder strap attachment is attached to the back gusset, on the other it's attached to the front gusset. I can't tell how much it affects actually wearing the bag. On the side with the strap attached to front gusset,...