or Connect

Posts by Hot Dog Day #49

I'm not saying that they stretched a full size - they just fit closer to how a new 10D fits than a new 9D. I understand that there is some variance in the restore, but this much is not acceptable and I just want them to make good on what happened. I didn't refuse the insoles or say that in my post, I tried the insoles and they didn't make the problem much better. My feet are still covered in blisters after a day of wear, which never happened before.Before I sent the shoes...
I did compare them, but I couldn't see a difference in the length. In the way that they feel, it's most definitely a stretch in the width, not really the length. I'm just comparing to what they had in the store, I tried on the 9D and 10D and my restored shoes felt much closer to the 10D than the 9D, which is what they're marked.
Does anyone have an email address/contact for someone at Alden? I sent a pair of Cigar LWB for restoration and they came back ruined, they must've stretched them somehow because they don't fit at all anymore. I've since sent them back twice for inspection - the first time they sent them back with a makeshift insole, I complained that they still didn't fit even with the insole, and I shouldn't need one since it wasn't required before. They requested I send them back again,...
In a can, that's about what happened.
They don't replace the liner in the restore, just the heel pod. This is my only Barrie pair currently, but all my other AE/Alden/etc still fit the same, it's just this pair. Before the restore I could wear these sockless (not something I do often) and they were perfectly comfortable. With socks, if anything they were a little on the tight side. If I attempt to wear them sockless now, the shoes feel at least a half size large.They mentioned pulling the shell when they were...
Hey guys, just wanted to share my experience with Alden Restoration. A few years ago I purchased a pair of Alden Cigar Shell LWB. I went to a local Alden retailer, got sized for the Barrie last and purchased the shoes when I was able to find a pair in my size. I wore the shoes happily for a few years, they fit perfectly and were the most comfortable pair of shoes I'd ever had. Kept great care of them, treeing and brushing after each wear. After some time though, the soles...
I have, but haven't heard back yet. It seems like they just stretched the shoes on the wrong last or something, who knows.That's good to hear since I have a pair of AE that need to be recrafted.
Over the winter I sent a pair of Cigar Cordovan Longwings back to Alden HQ for restoration, the soles needed replacing and the upper was a little worn. The process was painless and took about as long as I was quoted. These have always been my favorite and most comfortable shoes. Wearing them was on par with wearing a pair of sneakers. I was really impressed when the shoes came back - they did a great job and the packaging and presentation made it feel like I was getting...
Over the winter I sent a pair of Cigar Cordovan LWB back for restoration, the soles needed replacing and the upper was a little worn. The process was painless and took about as long as I was quoted. These have always been my favorite and most comfortable shoes. Wearing them was on par with wearing a pair of sneakers. I was really impressed when the shoes came back - they did a great job and the packaging and presentation made it feel like I was getting brand new shoes all...
WatHm... I just don't get why the shirts are so short in the front. I'm not tall and I have a fairly short torso. The small regular fit is way too big, but the XS fits perfectly. Bottom button is just above my waist so if the bottom of the shirt opens up at all after the last button, hot bare skin is exposed.