or Connect

Posts by Hot Dog Day #49

In a can, that's about what happened.
They don't replace the liner in the restore, just the heel pod. This is my only Barrie pair currently, but all my other AE/Alden/etc still fit the same, it's just this pair. Before the restore I could wear these sockless (not something I do often) and they were perfectly comfortable. With socks, if anything they were a little on the tight side. If I attempt to wear them sockless now, the shoes feel at least a half size large.They mentioned pulling the shell when they were...
Hey guys, just wanted to share my experience with Alden Restoration. A few years ago I purchased a pair of Alden Cigar Shell LWB. I went to a local Alden retailer, got sized for the Barrie last and purchased the shoes when I was able to find a pair in my size. I wore the shoes happily for a few years, they fit perfectly and were the most comfortable pair of shoes I'd ever had. Kept great care of them, treeing and brushing after each wear. After some time though, the soles...
I have, but haven't heard back yet. It seems like they just stretched the shoes on the wrong last or something, who knows.That's good to hear since I have a pair of AE that need to be recrafted.
Over the winter I sent a pair of Cigar Cordovan Longwings back to Alden HQ for restoration, the soles needed replacing and the upper was a little worn. The process was painless and took about as long as I was quoted. These have always been my favorite and most comfortable shoes. Wearing them was on par with wearing a pair of sneakers. I was really impressed when the shoes came back - they did a great job and the packaging and presentation made it feel like I was getting...
Over the winter I sent a pair of Cigar Cordovan LWB back for restoration, the soles needed replacing and the upper was a little worn. The process was painless and took about as long as I was quoted. These have always been my favorite and most comfortable shoes. Wearing them was on par with wearing a pair of sneakers. I was really impressed when the shoes came back - they did a great job and the packaging and presentation made it feel like I was getting brand new shoes all...
WatHm... I just don't get why the shirts are so short in the front. I'm not tall and I have a fairly short torso. The small regular fit is way too big, but the XS fits perfectly. Bottom button is just above my waist so if the bottom of the shirt opens up at all after the last button, hot bare skin is exposed.
I have a ton of the 29 dollar OCBDs in size XS and they fit perfectly in everywhere but the front length. I haven't tried the slim fit OCBD so I'm wondering if the size small slim fit would work out better than the XS regular fit.
Okay, I thought I'd post here to get an opinion. For reference, I'm 26, I work in IT for a trendy company. (Sorry for terrible mirror pics) Stick with contacts: http://i.imgur.com/k4lbaFC.jpg Warby Parker Preston - Just got these and not sold on them. Frame quality seems pretty low and the lenses aren't great either: http://i.imgur.com/rfgsh5i.jpg Shuron Sidewinders - These are 4 years old, I haven't worn them in a few years. I just tried them on again to compare, I...
did you iron the crease or was it there?