or Connect

Posts by eztantz

Purchased on eBay for $135 plus shipping. Two weeks later I purchased the same shoe with the same back stitching defect for $160 - the latter pair doesn't seem to have the discoloration/cracking issue.
Thanks.   When I sent them back to AE I decided to recraft them as one of the soles was starting get a hole in it. The recrafting dept informed me that as they were seconds there was no warranty and if something were to go wrong in the process they would not honor me with a new pair of shoes. They also said the same thing as far as the aforementioned leather discoloration/cracking issue. They were positive that the leather was singed or got heated by something and...
Hey guys,   I purchased a pair of AE Rutledge from the Independence Collection on eBay this past spring. The shoes were obviously seconds as the stitch on the back seam was not fully closed. I had it repaired for $20 and they looked perfect. After wearing it a few times I noticed that on the side of the toe box there was a small discoloration. I polished them up a bit and continued wearing them. Several wears later I realized that the leather in that same spot was...
Gas lines in brooklyn. Have less than half a tank left and doesn't look like its gonna get better anytime soon. 
  Hey all,   I'm the happy customer - the suit is near perfect. Like Andrew said the only real issue was due to my most recent weight loss.    Great product at a fantastic price. As far as the lapels I tend to stay away from wider lapels, perhaps next time I'll give it a try.   All said it was a wonderful experience.
  Just got back from Andrew's place and the shoes look even better in person. Too bad I just spent $$ on another pair of AE's - my next pair is gonna be the medallion tip pictured above. The leather looks and feels significantly nicer than the typical pair AE's. So if your in the market for shoes at that price range I'd say go for these!
Up for sale is a practically new Corneliani suit. I wore it once in August 2011 and it has been sitting in a closet since. Measurements and better pics available upon request. I had this tailored and also had the shatnez removed. It's a 17,75 micron suit and the hand is unbelievably soft. It is gray plaid, some brown stripes along some of the check pattern and a light red windowpane which appears as orange/peach colored from arms distance.   The jacket features a...
Up for sale is a pair of AE Bel Air in black size 13 B, these are too tight as I really need a medium width. I think they are seconds but no visible flaws to my knowledge. Worn gently 5-6 times. Price is firm but includes shipping in the CONUS. Feel free to contact me with questions. I am best reached via email - my email address is my styleforum user name  @gmail.com
Currently in midst of looking for cheap dinnerware - my fiance has her eyes on a set of 222 Fifth Mia Blossom in Red. Just curious if anyone has experience with this brand? Can anyone vouch for their quality?   Thanx,   Eli
Hey guys, is it possible to repair a ripped seam on the back of shoe by the heel?   I am thinking of purchasing these shoes with a defect but don't want to waste money if they cannot be fixed properly.   Below are photos of the issue.   Any help would be appreciated.   - Eli