or Connect

Posts by Odd I/O

Reverse calf, is that just ordinary shoe leather but with the flesh/nappy side out? What's the advantage/dis-advantage of this type of suede versus the regular split stuff? What's the nap like?
Do you have a picture of this? I'm trying to visualize how it looks. Is it horizontal?
Can anyone confirm if the Radica/Museum calf Vass uses is thinner than their regular calf? I saw this mentioned in another thread.
Garrick?And is that a UK D (narrow width)? MH71?I would be interested in a UK10.5/11 if that width is true..
Below is a similar boot in Plum Museum calf upper and Black Grain shaft.[/quote]
It looks like he has two locations. One next to York University and another one downtown. Which one did you use? Does he do bespoke shirts as well?His youtube channel is here if anyone wants to see his construction techniques.If you find someone who can do that please post back here. I really like the silhouette of those suits/jackets.
Thank you for that detailed reply TOstyle. Really appreciate you took the time to write all that out. I was still considering trying him out for shirts and pants but if he can't even get the pants right....Okay, what was wrong with the shirts?
One is nappier/furrier than the other. For a medallion go with the less nappy version.
From what I've read if you want to preserve the antiquing/burnishing use neutral. And don't use renovateur which will strip away waxes including those used in achieving that antiquing effect.
Red cognac?