or Connect

Posts by Odd I/O

I was in no way disparaging Royal Mail, in fact I prefer it which was why I asked for it in the first place. I apologise that I wasn't clear. I was merely pointing out that Edwards of Manchester doesn't seem to be very good at using it. The best mailing system ever devised by man is useless if the user doesn't know how to use it. I've never had anything rejected by customs before so it was a novel experience. I don't know how they botched it, as you said it shouldn't be...
What size are you in other shoes like Edward Green, Gaziano and Girling, Alden, etc...?
Edwards of Manchester really don't like using Royal Mail. When I ordered from them two years ago and requested the shoes be sent by Royal Mail they tried to talk me out of it but I persisted and they reluctantly agreed. The shoes promptly got rejected by Canada Customs and sent back to the UK. It took me a week to realize this had happened. I had to get them to track it down at Royal Mail and get it sent back to them so that they could send it to me again. They pleaded...
As a comparison, what size are you in other shoemakers and lasts?I'm a UK10E in Edward Green 888 or Gaziano & Girling TG73 but I'm not sure what that translates to in Vass.
I'm interested in the Gaziano & Girling trunk show. Will MTO fees be waived on orders during the trunk show?
A question for those who've ordered from Bespoke England. For the Wigmore there is an option to place an order for a delivery in three months if they don't currently have your size in stock. Do they charge you the full amount upon receipt of your order or are you charged only after the shoes are completed and ready to ship? For a regular MTO I know it's 50% up front and the remaining 50% upon completion of the shoes but I'm not sure these qualify as a real MTO as there is...
The Wensum is winsome.
Actually it should be http://shoplostfound.com/Their online selection is here.
I'm a 10.5 in Allen Edmonds' number 5 last and the length with respect to the ball of the foot is pretty spot on. In Gaziano and Girling's TG73 last I'm a UK10 and the length is just about perfect. Just keep in mind that everybody's feet are different.
Why do you have to be white/caucasion to pull off a jacket in Toffee tan?