or Connect

Posts by Qelsem

I've too many shoes. A shoe bug bit me two years ago and with heavy ebaying I've ended up with too many shoes I don't exactly wear enough. My loss is your win. I've only posted one picture of each pair to save time, please pm or email me for more pictures. I will respond to messages in the order they arrive. All shoes are in Finland, but I'll take care of VAT for potential US orders. Payment by Paypal or IBAN transfer, buyer pays for shipping. I'm only looking to get what...
Quote: Originally Posted by Wes Bourne I just thought it was the term they used to designate plain old pebble grain leather. An old message from jamgood at AAAC: 'This should clear up any confusion www.scotchgrain.co.jp Zug is a waterproof grained leather most often associated with "Veldtschoen" boots and shoes (Afrikaans for "field shoe", although the Vesdtschoen was developed by an Englishman, Albert Ingham of Northampton). Zug...
I own a pair of zug leather veldtschoens and they've now become rather scuffed. A recent email to the pair's maker, Alfred Sargent, revealed that they do not offer care products for zug leather. Are there specific products for zug leather at all, or should I just treat the pair with any dark-brown polish/cream on the market?
Those are simply deacadent; there's no other word for the pair.
...does anyone have a link to this Today show part? The video hosted at Hulu.com does not work with browsers from my country.
Thank you so much for the many answers, gentlemen. My quest for a durable suit fabric is mostly due to the fact of being a real scrooge when it comes to clothing. In addition, I may never again get the chance to acquire a bespoke suit with no cost except for fabrics. This is a sponsorship deal, as I will be writing a long article and mention the tailor in it. I've been thrifting for many years now, as I've very limited income and enjoy the chase for superb clothing...
bunburying, one option is to buy a used pair of C&Js, try them on and then sell them onwards if the pair's not in satisfactory condition. As shoes from Northampton are not imported to my country, I eBay all the time and haven't lost much money in either travelling abroad or going straight away for the prime stuff.
Greetings, fellow forumites. As my virgin post I'd like to ask your experience-based opinions on the most hard-wearing suits fabrics. Some background: I'm 22 and run a popular site dedicated to men's classic style. As tailors are few in my country, I've had the privilege to meet most of them. As I chatted with a prominent tailor, he offered to make me a bespoke suit with no cost except for fabrics. Naturally, I accepted his offer. I've been pondering what to order,...