or Connect

Posts by Ale House

Quote: Originally Posted by DerekS not to sound like a prick....but harden up. Im sure you get it a lot...and I strongly doubt that he was trying to be mean. If someone asks tell them, but if not, I wouldnt....just my opinion. Harden up? Really? It doesn't bother me in the least on a personal level. I've dealt with it for 25 years and can just take it in stride. It bothers my family and friends a hell of a lot more than it bothers me. ...
interviewers mouth after exchanging greetings is, "You sound horrible." First a quick background on me.. I had an accident when I was small and have a paralyzed vocal cord as a result of it. So I get asked about it a lot. I tend to sound sick. All the time. Now I've been unemployed almost 5 months, so I'm applying to any type of job that I have any type of work or educational background in. This was a job where I'd be on the phone a lot, so obviously not ideal for...
Bump. Anymore suggestions? Especially for shoes.
I'm in Mobile, AL. There's no Saks, Nordstrom, or Neimans close. Along with the BB, there's a Polo, J Crew, and Banana Republic (which I've never really found anything I've liked) outlet. So unfortunately, I don't have a great deal of options. I'm guessing the closest place that would have those types of stores would be New Orleans. I wouldn't be opposed to buying a few things online, but I would like to find shoes and pants locally. We just have the Belk, McRaes,...
Quote: Originally Posted by DocHolliday Do you have any outlets nearby? Might be worth a trip before you plunk down for the Brooks shirts. You can get them much cheaper on eBay -- often $25 a pop. Yes, there's a BB outlet about 20 miles from me. I was thinking about making a trip there on Sunday. I've bought one shirt from there before, but didn't remember how much it cost.
First post here. I've been lurking for several years, and am in need of some help. I start a new job Monday, and the dress code is dress pants, shoes, dress shirt, and tie (no coat), for some reason I figured it would be a business casual work environment (long story about how I got the job.. I won't get into it.. but yes I should've found out before today ). I already have a few ties, and shirts that would be okay for the first week, but I'm desperately needing...