or Connect

Posts by thenanyu

Quote: Originally Posted by Uncontrol never thought i'd want a varsity jacket I hear ya. I thought the jackets the kids had in high school were so idiotic. I guess it was the garish colors and sizing up by 2 that was popular at the time.
Quote: Originally Posted by tagutcow I actually don't own any of Beethoven's late piano sonatas on CD. What performances are good? Anything by Uchida.
Quote: Originally Posted by rnoldh Great music is best left to your elders. Age need not be a factor.
Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara Mozart was better. Quote: Originally Posted by Manton This is said out of ignorance, and therefore I cannot respond with rancor. Some day, you will understand. And if you don't, oh well. True words Manton. I really love the scherzo in the 9th. Dvorak 9 was my favorite for a long time (talk about overplayed 4th movements) and the influence is quite striking.
Quote: Originally Posted by Flizzzipper Just recieved my first order from J-Crew.com I ordered their black chambray work short and a secret wash shirt. They sent me two of the chambray ones. 200 bucks worth of shirt for 160 yeaaaa But now you have two of the same shirt.
I think I know the difference now. If you have a really long neck or very short collar it works, because if the collar goes up to or past your chin, you look like you are trying to be the Shadow.
Quote: Originally Posted by ppllzz seriously dont see why theres so much contempt for popped collars, most of the polo models do it... if ralph thinks it looks good, it looks good If RL models do it, it must be good.
Quote: Originally Posted by deveandepot1 Is there really a specific J. Crew style? I mean they sell pinstripe suits, shealing slippers, neon watchstraps, graphic tees, velvet sportcoats, bow ties, straw hats, K Swiss sneakers,... The J Crew style is a mashup of everything that can be considered Americana. Currently, that is prep + lumberjack + old movies + WW2 Military
Quote: Originally Posted by bawlin I'm sorry, is this a brand? I'm not familiar with this logo. Good edit. I believe he wants you to post in ask a question, get an answer. I like Fred Perry for the record.
Quote: Originally Posted by BB1 Maybe so, but I bet he doesn't look like a neutered Mr. Rogers like the above BR model does. Get Smart always seem to have a bit more "edge" to his argyle sweater looks. "Joy. Color. Warmth." WTF? Whom are BR attempting to market their product at? That sounds like something you'd see on a clothing site that sells garish looking holiday sweaters to older women. And the other other BR pictures I posted (all...