or Connect

Posts by thenanyu

Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire Too good to pass up. "New Civility" and three years ago do not match. Very relevant. I was going to point it out but I thought too easy.
Quote: Originally Posted by javyn All he had to to was rack in capital gains from the booming dot.com bubble and say "LOOK YALL I MADE A SURPLUS!" Yet the Publicans couldn't do the same off the real-estate bubble...
Quote: Originally Posted by zjpj83 Republican shot in the back of the head (politically motivated) But he was the liberal one...
Quote: Originally Posted by NameBack Isn't it also the decision of the French Muslim citizens? Since when is tyranny of the majority considered a good thing? Isn't it preventing such abuses that's behind the notions of rights of religious freedom and all that? Tyranny? Do continue with the histrionics. If a government can tell a woman she must wear a shirt or pants in public, then it can also tell her that she must not wear a mask. Forcing...
Quote: Originally Posted by mordecai Either way, the French will no longer have to see them, which I guess is the point. Quote: Originally Posted by Mr. Clean If the French don't want to see Burkas on the street, more power to them. It's their decision. Nailed it.
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire This is a very good point. Everyone here for the ban seems convinced this will be a net relief from oppression, when just like so many social engineering attempts, it might lead to more. Why am I, one of the most non-religious folks here, so against this ban? Because you aspire to be an oppressed Moslum Woman someday.
Jesus Christ
Quote: Originally Posted by montecristo#4 So basically you are saying that my existence is worth more than yours? Are you accusing him of agreeing with you?
Quote: Originally Posted by Teger we love kobe bryant but crucify bonds Kobe doesn't use steroids. We loved both of them because they were good at sports. Bond's performance was illegitimate.
Patriot Act