or Connect

Posts by thenanyu

Post questions like this in the "Ask a Question" sticky thread at the top of the forum. That is a tweed blazer of some kind, and KG is wearing 1-2 sizes too big.
Quote: Originally Posted by BrianVarick ^Size down. I have a couple and I really like them. If they are too big, you can always get the kids sized ones. what's your usual jacket size and which size did you get?
Quote: Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite epaulet raved about them in an earlier post. Quote: Originally Posted by Epaulet Hah? Was I smack-talking these before? Probably. I really dislike J.Crew's shoes. They're lousy quality, and I think that they're overpriced for what they are. Wingtips are classic, and if you can afford an up-front investment, then you won't regret it. You'll get more wear out of a good pair, and...
Quote: Originally Posted by impolyt_one I've worn the same outfit every day this week, I don't care about my outfits anymore. Dior luster wax, MMM leather, fresh pair of undies and a white v neck everyday and I'm set. I've gone a week wearing the same jeans, a heather gray crewneck and a harrington before. Best week of my life
Quote: Originally Posted by nohomo Amazing that the two people who claim to hate BR and this thread are the top 2 posters in this thread. It's like a little boy pushing a girl down and pulling her pigtails because he secretly likes her. The more experience you have with Br, the more you grow to hate it eventually. I hate it very much.
Quote: Originally Posted by romafan A thread for my mother-in-law. I don't fully get the 'opus' thing. Have heard that the 'odd' symphonies are the good (famous?) ones. I like the morse code beginning of 5, and the story behind it (unless my dad was making it up). Amazing about the deafness, too... * yes, i am a cretin. i cannot attend a classical concert or opera w/o The 'opus' thing is just a way of systematically numbering a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Uncontrol never thought i'd want a varsity jacket I hear ya. I thought the jackets the kids had in high school were so idiotic. I guess it was the garish colors and sizing up by 2 that was popular at the time.
Quote: Originally Posted by tagutcow I actually don't own any of Beethoven's late piano sonatas on CD. What performances are good? Anything by Uchida.
Quote: Originally Posted by rnoldh Great music is best left to your elders. Age need not be a factor.
Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara Mozart was better. Quote: Originally Posted by Manton This is said out of ignorance, and therefore I cannot respond with rancor. Some day, you will understand. And if you don't, oh well. True words Manton. I really love the scherzo in the 9th. Dvorak 9 was my favorite for a long time (talk about overplayed 4th movements) and the influence is quite striking.