or Connect

Posts by JensenH

RL deserves to be #1 if the ranking criterion is solely based on gross revenue, followed by the likes of Nike, Gap, Levis, Zara, and H&M. But if creativity, innovation, and influence are given more weight than the all mighty dollar in the definition of greatness, then RL does not even belong in the top ten. If this is a suit-centric list, my top 5 would be: 1) Savile Row (as an aggregate of the various storied tailor houses) -- The birthplace of the modern suit which is...
And from which P.R. article or autobiography did you gleam this?Interesting inference. Are you saying that ethnic-sounding surname should never be used? That it is something shameful and should be hidden from the public?FWIW, I have been assumed to be Jewish because of my pro-Israel stance.
How is it a criticism when I mentioned his birth name? Especially when it is necessary to do so in order to show his re-branding of himself is a brilliant marketing move?Perhaps you did not read some of my posts, or perhaps you have reading comprehension problems. In either case, see below.
Suit looks fine. You will want to wear darker socks though. White (?) or beige socks should not be paired with a blue suit.
I agree with your assessment. Boss is getting a much worse reputation than it deserves here in the SF. I wear mostly handmade suits and while their qualities are obviously higher, so are their prices.Boss's cut is very flattering on someone with an atheletic build, and their suiting can be quite nice. It is not top tier, but it is definitely not trash.
Yes, pls do provide pictures.
Any top 10 -- or in this case, top 50 -- list will inevitably generate controversy. Therefore, it would be prudent for the OP and Dieworkwear to clearly define "greatest" in the beginning of the article that they will be writing to minimize reader confusion and/or dissension. If greatest = gross revenue, then RL, Levis, Gap, and Zara ought to be the top ones. If greatest = most influential, then Savile Row tailors, with global adoption of the suit as de rigueur business...
To show his brilliance in re-branding himself and conveying his label as Waspy.Of course not, since everything is derivative to some extent. But to be considered as innovative, some newness has to be added to the existing paradigm. Armani's use of soft fabrics and low gorge in his suits, Versace's color contrast and printed silk shirts (god aweful, but innovative), Yamamoto's oversized look, Slimane's skinny suits, and Browne's short jackets all moved fashion forward --...
My first thought upon seeing this tie was that looks like a Missoni tie. Missoni is a high end Italian knitswear brand with sweaters typically selling for around $1K.Known for its vibrant color combinations and zig-zag motif, Missoni sweaters can sometimes be gaudy. But its more subdue ones are quite lovely.