or Connect

Posts by JensenH

I read that he wore Ralph Lauren during the 80s.
Quote: Originally Posted by cwh812 $500 is my price. Willing to travel within a 10 mile radius of midtown Manhattan. Prefer closet owner to be a size 38R (48EU) with an abundance of RLPL, Kiton or Cucinelli. Might be willing to drop the price depending upon how much good quality stuff you have. Your closet will be spotless when I am through. You supply cleaning equipment. This is hiliarious. Why didn't more people think of this...
How many fitting did you have? Did you tell your tailor the waist was too tight during any of those fittings? A competent tailor would always leave enough fabric in the waist band for letting out. So he may be at fault. On the other hand, did you gain weight during the time the suit was being made?
Quote: Originally Posted by rossi Thank you, they are very nice. Do you have good experience with it? Yes, I carry one (brown, triple gussets with laptop lining) daily for about 10 years now. It has held up well so I am very pleased.
Quote: Originally Posted by rossi I'm looking for suggestions for a sturdy and big briefcase, for my polyvalent needs as a student and occasional business internships. I like the Custom Hide Scholar 3, but I would prefer if there are any European manufacturers in the same price and quality range. So far, there has not really been much talk about this here on SF. I'm aware it's going to be hard to beat CH price and customizeability (especially with the...
Quote: Originally Posted by lasbar I have a pair of bespoke Alligator oxfords Gaziano and they cost me £3500. Being an very average earner , it is a one off.. I have seen picture of them posted by you. They are sublime. What made you pull the trigger given the price tag?
Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker Some of my shirts have the bottom buttonhole running horizontally, while the other buttons run vertically. Does anyone know what purpose this serves? To prevent the left and right side of the shirt to move in opposite directions, thus ensuring pattern match
Quote: Originally Posted by intent What is so wrong with trying to make some profit? If nothing sells, then the seller would get the hint (sigh . . . ). You've misunderstood me. I am not saying he shouldn't make some profit. Rather, I am saying he will not have a easy time selling them at $250 considering what new ones sold for at Yoox and here on the forum.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr. Moo It's my next post. Ruminate the life you have missed by spending all your time here on the forum.
Quote: Originally Posted by bpworks I challenge you to find a similar shoe new or otherwise for the same $$$$$$$. The duplicate shoe (punctured vamp) today would be from Italy or England in the $800 range." I guess you did not know about the recent sale of Ralph Lauren cap toes: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=150886 FYI, someone bought several pairs and flipped them here for $250 and caught hell for selling them at...