or Connect

Posts by JensenH

Quote: Originally Posted by Agnacious I have no insight in the original question, but it reminds me of what my doctor used to say many years ago. I am not sure it is his originally but I often think of it when I meet this type of person. "When I was 18 I thought my father a fool. By the time I turned 25 I was surprised how much he had learned." "When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man...
Quote: Originally Posted by whnoofan! I believe the numbers associated with suiting cloth describe the fineness of the threads, not their density or quantity. And you are right. From Alex Kabbaz (bold added by me for emphasis) "YARN NUMBER This is the number most commonly bandied about ... and usually confused with Thread Count. For cottons, using the most commonly accepted numbering system, yarn numbers run from 24's (thickest and...
Quote: Originally Posted by knittieguy Actually it is the other way around. A pompous brand-whore would care about something like thread count, and whether they were winning the thread-count arms race, whereas someone who cares about quality over brand-names doesn't focus on things like that. I couldn't care less about Brioni or Kiton and don't own clothing from either. Furthermore, if you are going to focus on something like thread count, you...
Quote: Originally Posted by East Oakland If you don't like snark, you are in the wrong place. Well, yeah, I try to avoid wrong places, that's why I don't go to East Oakland.
Quote: Originally Posted by Shikar You sure are perceptive. Regards. PS. I should take off my Prada house slippers since its bedtime. Good night and don't let your avatar bed bug bite, or is that a cockroach?
Quote: Originally Posted by kingkv23 I agree with you, the answer for defining a quality shirt depends on many things that you have mentioned- but that is a pretty obvious statement. But if you recall I didn't ask about the quality of the shirts, I had simply asked for the thread count; it was a straightforward question that didn't deserve pompous replies. By the way I found the answer (200 thread count for Kiton) from the Robb Report. Interestingly...
Quote: Originally Posted by East Oakland You know, a government can actually erect trade barriers if it wants to make outsourcing illegal. It hasn't worked out so well for those that have tried, though. I think you are trying to blame big business for consumer behavior. Consumers demand cheap goods and businesses deliver what consumers are asking for -- it's not some evil plot or conspiracy. If consumers demanded better quality and were willing to...
Quote: Originally Posted by chemdemet quick! in the clearance section on yoox they have insane prices on 2 rl cap toes. one looks like purple label and the other shows made in england in the pic. for only 69 and 79 dollars!!! there is also one size 10 slipon for 39. to bad i only buy black shoes, and am too lazy to sell on ebay A big thanks! Please check your PM.
Quote: Originally Posted by rach2jlc And Ungaro himself chimes in: http://www.stylelist.com/2009/11/11/...on-a-disaster/ This is one reason you don't sell your namesake label you started and worked your whole life to build... to a rich Investor guy who knows nothing about fashion. When you do, they do things like (1) start a bunch of crappy cheap diffusion licenses (U by Ungaro, 'Emmanuel' Emmanuel Ungaro, Ungaro Homme) that further dilutes the...
Quote: Originally Posted by bdbb Picked this up on ebay and immediately noticed that the style of ribbing as well as the lettering on the tip is like no other zegna I own or have seen. Unless they've made some new ties like this that I'm unaware of, the conclusion is obvious. The tie is also thin/unsubstantial and is the only one of 5 zegnas I have that doesn't tie a good knot. The seller has of course offered a refund and points to his ample positive...