or Connect

Posts by JensenH

Quote: Originally Posted by Shikar You sure are perceptive. Regards. PS. I should take off my Prada house slippers since its bedtime. Good night and don't let your avatar bed bug bite, or is that a cockroach?
Quote: Originally Posted by kingkv23 I agree with you, the answer for defining a quality shirt depends on many things that you have mentioned- but that is a pretty obvious statement. But if you recall I didn't ask about the quality of the shirts, I had simply asked for the thread count; it was a straightforward question that didn't deserve pompous replies. By the way I found the answer (200 thread count for Kiton) from the Robb Report. Interestingly...
Quote: Originally Posted by East Oakland You know, a government can actually erect trade barriers if it wants to make outsourcing illegal. It hasn't worked out so well for those that have tried, though. I think you are trying to blame big business for consumer behavior. Consumers demand cheap goods and businesses deliver what consumers are asking for -- it's not some evil plot or conspiracy. If consumers demanded better quality and were willing to...
Quote: Originally Posted by chemdemet quick! in the clearance section on yoox they have insane prices on 2 rl cap toes. one looks like purple label and the other shows made in england in the pic. for only 69 and 79 dollars!!! there is also one size 10 slipon for 39. to bad i only buy black shoes, and am too lazy to sell on ebay A big thanks! Please check your PM.
Quote: Originally Posted by rach2jlc And Ungaro himself chimes in: http://www.stylelist.com/2009/11/11/...on-a-disaster/ This is one reason you don't sell your namesake label you started and worked your whole life to build... to a rich Investor guy who knows nothing about fashion. When you do, they do things like (1) start a bunch of crappy cheap diffusion licenses (U by Ungaro, 'Emmanuel' Emmanuel Ungaro, Ungaro Homme) that further dilutes the...
Quote: Originally Posted by bdbb Picked this up on ebay and immediately noticed that the style of ribbing as well as the lettering on the tip is like no other zegna I own or have seen. Unless they've made some new ties like this that I'm unaware of, the conclusion is obvious. The tie is also thin/unsubstantial and is the only one of 5 zegnas I have that doesn't tie a good knot. The seller has of course offered a refund and points to his ample positive...
Quote: Originally Posted by tjchung However, the Lumely, which is the more expensive of the 2 has no origin of manufacture written on the lable. The Sapper has "Made in England" written on its label. So this got me thinking, does Barbour sub-con out its more recent contemporary line, such as the Lumley to other countries, while keeping its more classic line of coats such as the Sapper for manufacture in its UK factories? Or are there gray-market...
Quote: Originally Posted by cchen i think it depends on the piece. some of the sweaters they had at loehmanns for 299 were 100% cashmere, but literally felt like jcrew merino wool sweaters. others at the same price point felt super luxe. so i think ymmv Why so many B.C. being dumped at Loehmanns? Are they no longer the hot items as they once were?
Quote: Originally Posted by DocHolliday I had to take my hundreds out to sell it, so the aroma should be a pure hit of rich Corinthian* leather. *not really Corinthian. I'm surprised that no one has asked if it was made of deerskin.
My experience at Wilkes has always been very pleasant. And no, I do not buy every time I go there. In fact, I had a nice chat with the gentleman at the shoe department without buying anything about a month ago. I have witnessed some customers who treat sales associates in a condescending manner, so things work both ways.