or Connect

Posts by JensenH

Quote: Originally Posted by Bandit33 My first post after some lurking, so please be kind. I recently switched from a business casual job (and making money) to a job where I need a suit for court nearly every day (and making peanuts) in NYC. When I started, I picked up a couple of OK suits at Filene's/Century 21 in the $200-$400 range and had them altered for another $50-$100 each. Ideally I'd still like to pick up one or two more in the same...
Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan There is no value (to me, or that I can conceive of for anybody else) in eating only one meal. Isn't Moo on one-meal?
Quote: Originally Posted by FStyles Would the seller be liable if it was clearly a shipping snafu that could not have been prevente?d Sorry to hear about the snafu. Given the holiday season and the spiked volume of packages, maybe your package was not lost but merely mishandled/misplaced. Let's hope it will show up soon.
Quote: Originally Posted by zillka Reading yelp reviews they seem to have quarterly/annual sales event. Went into the store today and found a ton of jackets I'm looking to get. Their website doesn't have e-mail alert and it seems they had no sales this past Black Friday. Maybe they'll have a pre Xmas? Does any one care?
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 On srivats's suggestion, I thought I'd ask The poll itself is neither in good nor bad taste. It is the ranting and arguing that make it bad taste. But it sure is entertaining to read though.
Quote: Originally Posted by holymadness Richard Feynman, actually. Richard Attenborough also studied this phenomenon and presented it in his Quest In Paradise.
View count just broke 10,000! Will the smack down continue? Will the view count break 20K?
Quote: Originally Posted by aeglus In general, what would you wear? It shouldn't matter much, but every bit helps. I want to show that I'm a warm professional that should be around kids. It's in Korea and for a private school if that makes any difference. Many schools in Asian countries have school uniforms for students. You may want to pick a tie in the same color scheme as their uniforms if you want to fit in. In addition to all the...
Quote: Originally Posted by holymadness I think this sums up my view of the Moo: In the South Seas there is a cargo cult of people. During the war they saw airplanes land with lots of good materials, and they want the same thing to happen now. So they've arranged to imitate things like runways, to put fires along the sides of the runways, to make a wooden hut for a man to sit in, with two wooden pieces on his head like headphones and bars of...
Quote: Originally Posted by Dragon Wow. I must have missed an epic thread. I saw the pic just now, and thought it was a Photoshop or something. It is a photoshopped picture of Foo's body and Moo's legs -- done by Mr. Sam, aka Vox.