or Connect

Posts by Rolex Luthor

Wedding band on my left hand, claddagh ring on my right. I've seen all the stuff about how a gentleman should wear one ring at most, but I respond with a hearty Irish FTFY.
Is Reichardt's still open in Des Moines? It's worth a look.
They all look too fashion-forward for your stated purpose of being viewed as businesslike and enduring for several years. Jacket length is too short and button position is too high. Of the four, I thought A might be the most professional looking, but my recommendation would be to visit your local Brooks Brothers.
Your question was "can it not be a costume?" The answer is: not if you wear it as is. The enormous lapels and the very large patch pockets make it look really dated. Acutally, not just dated; a classic suit jacket would have lapels nowhere near that size. That's more of a bad fashion experiment. I suppose a gifted tailor could reshape the lapels, but the cost would be far more than the suit is worth, and results would not be guaranteed. There's no way to tell by looking at...
Hmmm. I always thought i liked tweed because it looked good and kept me warm. But maybe it's really because of my Irish ethnicity.
I thought I was the only one who declines to "rock" his clothes. How do you feel about "kicks" as a synonym for shoes?
This is one of my favorite posts ever.
I bought a DB shawl collar cotton cardigan for around $30 at H&M in San Francisco this summer. BTW, not that you asked, I'm not a fan of that notch.
I have a vintage steel Datejust with white gold bezel. It goes in for service every 5 years or so, and when that happens I get a new crystal and have the case & bezel polished. Over the years the little peaks & valleys on the bezel have lost some of their sharpness from the polishing, but it all adds to the "patina" of a 50-year-old watch. I wear it nearly every day so it inevitably gets nicked up, but I try to just consider that wear & tear between polishings. If you...
There you go. As for colors, the darker the better (only for trousers & jacket -- you should wear a light-colored shirt, preferably white, even in NJ). If it's a waterfront wedding in the late afternoon, you will definitely need a jacket. Maybe a sweater too.