or Connect

Posts by Rolex Luthor

Ivory. It's supposed to be ivory. If you're in a good-size city, there should be an upscale standalone menswear shop there. They should have what you're looking for, and can even get it altered in time, but it will be costly. You may also have a nice resale/consignment shop which would be a good place to look. It won't be costly, but finding someone to alter the jacket in time might be a challenge. You are correct to shy away from something with "black lining on the...
I was at a wedding this past weekend where the groomsmen were not uniformly dressed, but they did have matching pocket squares. It will look fine. If it makes your bride-to-be happy and keeps you from looking like the inside of a tuxedo rental shop, go for it.
One doesn't. Why would one? One dresses in tropical style.
Hadleigh's. Also, back in the day there used to be a really good resale shop called Clotheshorse Anonymous. I have no idea whether it's still around.
Either the NY Times or the Wall Street Journal had an article a year or so ago about the number of NYPD detectives who get suits or jackets custom-made to acommodate their sidearms. I'm too lazy to find a link to it, but it's out there.
I wore a "cufflink shirt" yesterday and I'm a corporate VP. Do I count?
Agreed. Try Filson.
Stains are a death sentence. Anything stained gets trashed. And I'm ruthless about items that no longer fit and can't be reasonably altered -- they have to go. But a little wear and tear just adds to the item's character. I have shirts with frayed collars and sleeves that I can't bear to part with, a heroic tweed overcoat that has been repaired numerous times, an ancient Burberry cashmere/wool scarf that sports a couple of subtle moth holes, etc. I'm also surprisingly...
Mrs. Luthor's opinions have evolved. First it was, "You dress like an old man," then it was, "You're vain," and now it's, "You certainly look handsome."
1. 100 percent of the time that you are wearing a double-breasted suit. 2. 25 percent of the time that you are wearing a single-breasted suit (notch lapel other 75 percent) 3. 50 percent of the time that you are wearing a dinner jacket (shawl lapel other 50 percent).