Posts by Rolex Luthor

Jay, Congratulations on the new job, and welcome to the forum. You're in the right place. Here's what I think about your questions; others will probably chime in with advice. Use what works best for you. 1. If you're going to wear a suit every day, it will be a good idea EVENTUALLY to have four or five. To start, you can get by with two: a solid charcoal gray and a solid navy blue. Do NOT listen to salespeople etc who try to convince you a black suit is versatile. It...
I had something for this ...
Literally?I'm Bill, I've been wandering in and out of SF for several years. I'm nearly 50, wear suits to work every day, and my pet peeve is when I see an attractive, well-dressed woman paired with a sloppy overgrown manchild in shorts, flip flops and/or a graphic T-shirt. Even though I'm married, that woman should be rightfully mine.I have two grown sons, neither of whom are particularly elegant, although they are fine young men. I enjoy the occasional whiskey, rum, gin,...
I took a nice autumn walk today in corduroy trousers, cashmere sweater, leather jacket and crepe-soled chukkas. No harm to the boots, but I wasn't in any serious mud etc.
I bet it will look great ... on your wife/girlfriend.
I hope you're joking.
Corduroy trousers (not jeans) might be an option for cooler weather.
Round toe would be better than square toe no matter your shoe size, or even whether you had feet at all. Please burn your current shoes at your earliest convenience.I wear a US size 12 and I find that while there is no disguising large feet, captoe shoes reduce the effect somewhat more than wholecuts, moctoes, etc. because the captoe line provides a visual break in the vamp. Wear solid neutrals (black, brown, Cordovan) rather than spectators or more fashion-forward colors...
At least he didn't ask whether he can "rock" them.
Irish walking hat