or Connect

Posts by longskate88

Used LV Damier cardholder/wallet. Retailed for $150. Condition is used, see pictures for details: overall the leather is in great shape and has curved slightly from how I used to carry it in my backpocket (now carry in front pocket only). The front card slot shows a little wear as shown in the picture where it's empty - this is hidden when cards are in the slot. Asking $65 OBO shipped in the US. Thanks!
Thinking money will make you happy is such a trap I can't explain it - read Status Anxiety or a similar book on happiness. Maybe examine your motivations for wanting some arbitrary figure. Why $200K? I'm guessing that'll put you comfortably near the top in earnings among your immediate peers? Congratulations, you'll still be lonely and depressed, just in a slightly larger apartment. There will always be someone richer than you, better looking than you, and happier than...
Does anyone have recommendations for a book on flirting and other interpersonal tips? I've read How to Win Friends and Influence People and loved it, so something along those lines. I haven't read The Game, but I understand it's not very 'authentic'. Dating, networking, body language, humor, etc. Share your favorites!
Marc New York Duffel (!19" x 12" x 12") Good condition, only minor scuffs on the bottom. Suede/brown canvas with a fabric interior and zip pocket, plus two zipped out end pockets. Unstructured style, I use it with a folded up paper shopping bag inside to give it some structure and it works great. Comes with shoulder strap. I accept paypal, and try to ship USPS Priority unless it's cost prohibitive, then I'll use a flat rate box. Prefer USA sales. Asking $62 shipped.
Marc New York Duffel (!19" x 12" x 12") Good condition, only minor scuffs on the bottom. Suede/brown canvas with a fabric interior and zip pocket, plus two zipped out end pockets. Unstructured style, I use it with a folded up paper shopping bag inside to give it some structure and it works great. Comes with shoulder strap. I accept paypal, and try to ship USPS Priority unless it's cost prohibitive, then I'll use a flat rate box. Prefer USA sales. Asking $62 shipped.
Size S Rag & Bone polo shirt. Color is a brick red. Bought at Barneys in Santa Monica, washed and worn once. Nice slim fit but a little long for me. Only issue is a small hole in the left sleeve as shown. It's not a cut, just a spot where the material has unraveled so it should be easy to mend. Asking $45 OBO shipped in the USA, via paypal. Thanks! Brian
Fidel, Thanks for sharing...I'm about 1.5 years into Public but an exit route is always on my mind. How long did you spend in public before leaving? One of our clients mentioned the other day that he enjoys private more since you actually make operational decisions that really affect the company...like how you're going to make payroll next month, acquisition decisions, etc. If you have any other thoughts on public vs. private I'd be interested to hear. Thanks,
For sale: Tan Filson Travel Kit (Dopp Kit). Bought to match my Small Duffle but I don't find my self using it much. New condition, purchased from Cranes, I can't find a mark on it. Retail is $90, I"m asking $50 OBO shipped within the CONUS, with payment via Paypal (I'll eat the 3% as well). Thanks for looking! Brian
I've been in public audit at a regional firm for about 1.5 years now...first thing to do is get your CPA (especially if the firm pays for Becker and they give you a bonus for passing). I don't think the hours lighten up for a long time, as a new Staff you're sheltered under the "veil of ignorance" so to speak, but after a few years and being promoted to Senior they expect more responsibility for keeping jobs moving, finalizing binders, etc. Everyone I work with says Senior...
No, but I'm certainly surprised he hasn't dropped in yet...