or Connect

Posts by softy

A light/mid gray pair in the same size and details is available here   Size: EU48 - waist is altered down to about a 47 Color: A nice light sand/wheat brown -- a classic shade for spring and summer Composition: 100% wool, super 100s and lightweight Condition: Worn gently for half a season (brushed, rotated, and stored. Just dry cleaned) Manufacture: Italy Retail: $175 Notes: These are from last year and have been worn gently and cared for well.  Belt keeper...
  A sand brown pair in the same size and details is available here   Size: EU48 - waist is altered down to about a 47 Color: A light to light-mid gray with nice weave -- a classic shade for spring and summer Composition: 100% wool, super 100s and lightweight Condition: Worn gently for half a season (brushed, rotated, and stored. Just dry cleaned) Manufacture: Italy Retail: $175 Notes: These are from last year and have been worn gently and cared for well. ...
Perhaps you've been looking for a way to evoke fan-shaped paving stones in a handkerchief.  Perhaps they remind you of your country home or your days strolling the city promenade. Something like this:     Look no further.  This sturdy Danish cotton fabric is just what you need. White and ivory "stones" rest on a ground of muted silver. The stones are about 5mm across. Something of a nice alternative to a white square. This is a fairly resilient cotton and...
I'm in the same boat as you.  I do like a plumply thick tie at times.  Let's try the 4-fold and see how that works.  The material is quite porous so I wonder if it won't seem too lightweight. We can always order many more trials... it's fun to experiment.
  The venerable Technics SL-1500 turntable, from their storied SL line. SL-1200 is known as the DJ solution, but that may be overkill for most home listeners and runs 4-5x the price. This solid little unit is a manual direct-drive setup that is servo-controlled and features an integrated platter and rotor for one moving part. 33 and 45rpm speeds.  This has been outfitted with an ADC LX-III cartridge and stylus, a superior choice than the stock cartridge and...
  Size: One size Color: Double-sided: gray teadrops on black and black teardrops on gray Composition: 90% wool/10% silk - soft hand and luxurious drape with a faint luster.  Features a slightly pebbled weave (see close-ups) Condition: Used 2 times, very good condition. Manufacture: Italy Retail: $95 Notes:  Mini paisley teardrops decorate the surface, which is gray drops on a black ground on one side and black drops on a gray ground on the other.  The weave has a...
  This tie features an intriguing woven motif reminiscent of cloud patterns used in East Asian art.  Color is a deep celadon-gray that sits somewhere happily between gray and green.  Muted enough for any outfit.  The pictures are true to color. Never used, 100% silk, three-fold construction, a classic 3.5'' at its widest point.
Agreed.  I like brown horn on a darker "blazer" and MOP or something like that on a summer "blazer," but the blazer distinction is rather stupid to me and gold/silver buttons don't excite me in the slightest, whether or not they are historically appropriate.  If the buttons are the right color and the styling casual, there is no reason it needs to look like an orphaned suit jacket.
It is a good deal.  Sadly I browsed their offerings and didn't see any shoes that wowed me :(
  Those Robert last shoes (?) in your blog look great.  I'm really liking this new, chubbier last.  Just the thing for me.