or Connect

Posts by softy

A light/mid gray pair in the same size and details is available here   Size: EU48 - waist is altered down to about a 47 Color: A nice light sand/wheat brown -- a classic shade for spring and summer Composition: 100% wool, super 100s and lightweight Condition: Worn gently for half a season (brushed, rotated, and stored. Just dry cleaned) Manufacture: Italy Retail: $175 Notes: These are from last year and have been worn gently and cared for well.  Belt keeper...
  A sand brown pair in the same size and details is available here   Size: EU48 - waist is altered down to about a 47 Color: A light to light-mid gray with nice weave -- a classic shade for spring and summer Composition: 100% wool, super 100s and lightweight Condition: Worn gently for half a season (brushed, rotated, and stored. Just dry cleaned) Manufacture: Italy Retail: $175 Notes: These are from last year and have been worn gently and cared for well. ...
Perhaps you've been looking for a way to evoke fan-shaped paving stones in a handkerchief.  Perhaps they remind you of your country home or your days strolling the city promenade. Something like this:     Look no further.  This sturdy Danish cotton fabric is just what you need. White and ivory "stones" rest on a ground of muted silver. The stones are about 5mm across. Something of a nice alternative to a white square. This is a fairly resilient cotton and...
I'm in the same boat as you.  I do like a plumply thick tie at times.  Let's try the 4-fold and see how that works.  The material is quite porous so I wonder if it won't seem too lightweight. We can always order many more trials... it's fun to experiment.
  The venerable Technics SL-1500 turntable, from their storied SL line. SL-1200 is known as the DJ solution, but that may be overkill for most home listeners and runs 4-5x the price. This solid little unit is a manual direct-drive setup that is servo-controlled and features an integrated platter and rotor for one moving part. 33 and 45rpm speeds.  This has been outfitted with an ADC LX-III cartridge and stylus, a superior choice than the stock cartridge and...
  Size: One size Color: Double-sided: gray teadrops on black and black teardrops on gray Composition: 90% wool/10% silk - soft hand and luxurious drape with a faint luster.  Features a slightly pebbled weave (see close-ups) Condition: Used 2 times, very good condition. Manufacture: Italy Retail: $95 Notes:  Mini paisley teardrops decorate the surface, which is gray drops on a black ground on one side and black drops on a gray ground on the other.  The weave has a...
  This tie features an intriguing woven motif reminiscent of cloud patterns used in East Asian art.  Color is a deep celadon-gray that sits somewhere happily between gray and green.  Muted enough for any outfit.  The pictures are true to color. Never used, 100% silk, three-fold construction, a classic 3.5'' at its widest point.
It is a good deal.  Sadly I browsed their offerings and didn't see any shoes that wowed me :(
  Those Robert last shoes (?) in your blog look great.  I'm really liking this new, chubbier last.  Just the thing for me.
Nice scarves.  Too bad I don't wear a dress scarf much.