or Connect

Posts by razl

This made the latest round in The Best of B&S (Someone should buy this!)
NEW Coat x Boglioli sport coat ~44R C&J Handgrade "Whitehall" on 330 last ~8.5 Alden #8 Shell Cordovan PTB 11.5 D Barrie w/box, trees and bags LBM 1911 Unlined Blazer Sport Coat Glen Check Blue White 38 48 Louis Vuitton Keepall Bandouliere 45 Monogram Canvas M41418 Crockett & Jones Coniston boots UK8.5E RL Shell Cordovan Marlow Loafers 10D Brand new Allen Edmonds for PRL Sanderson Longwing in Dark Brown - 11D Crockett & Jones chukka boots, ( brand new...
Two months + 1 week and my first pair of trousers (+2 books of 20 swatches in anticipation of more trous in my future) are on their way with an ETA of Monday. Can't wait. Even if they aren't spot on, at least I'm finally entering the tweak stage!
That's my strategy. I don't do double posts on purpose but it's just not possible to have an accurate master list to cross ref, plus some sneaky sellers have re-invented their ads on occasion and I just don't spot it.Thanks to those helping make sure the thread stays fair, but keep in mind the occasional slip up is going to happen. Now if we see someone doing a lot of it, then let's call out the dogs...
Rats, at $359 for a CJ Islay alternative, I might be in. Probably not for Sassetti, but they are on the way regardless, so will at least get the chance to give them a try in person.Thanks for the input!
Quick q to see if anyone can shed any more light on the details of the RL Macomb boot (fyi: currently on sale for $359 here). What old and threadbare wisdom I could find was that these are made by C&J but RL lists them as Made in Italy - I didn't think CJ did anything outside of UK? Looks to be something between a Northcote design, minus the pull tab, but in Islay hatch grain leather. I'll also note that the description on the site for colors is Tan (there's a black...
So I got the summer sale email, wasn't really interested but went browsing anyway. Of course, went to the shoes first with nothing particular in mind and not even intending to buy anything... Then I see this, which looks like a C&J Northcote, minus the pull tab, but in classic Islay scotch grain for $359. Some research shows that common wisdom is that they are indeed made by C&J (although Lauren says made in Italy). I've always wanted some Islay but couldn't find the...