or Connect

Posts by razl

This made the latest round of The Best of B&S (Someone Should Buy This!)
Please see my FAQ for questions, disclaimers, and errata. @jhcam8 NIB Alden Snuff Suede Wingtip Boots, 9.5D Barrie (US 10D) @bklynguy Crockett and Jones Connaught UK 7 Black in NYC @Allen Dreadmon BNIB Alden Alpine Grain Wingtip Boots for Leffot (8D, Barrie Last) @downtownstyle NWT Ralph Lauren Black Label Purple Check Dress Shirt 17.5 $350 Retail @justinkapur Bontoni Wholecuts. US10D, with Lasted Shoe Trees Wow. I'm still in awe of those high...
If I would have known before sending them back that they wouldn't have had my size to exchange them for, I would have offered them here first, sorry! Unfortunately, between writing back to ask about a return and being told "sure, send em back - no prob!" and them arriving to be told "we no longer have your size" there just wasn't any room to maneuver.
Not my size but it seems fitting for me to state that if anyone did get the Purdey Islay's in a Size UK9 and wants to part with them, let me know!!!!
True, plus they refunded my return shipping which, back across the pond, wasn't cheap. In the end I feel for them, at least on this deal with me they took a hit with shipping both ways and no sale; not how I wanted it to work out for either of us. @#$%.
Quick update for anyone following along:Unfortunately, Purdey informed me that they do not have a 9 to exchange it with and are issuing me a refund instead. So, having tasted the fruit, I am back to pining for a deal on pair of Islays again. Maybe it just isn't meant to be for me....With that said, congrats to all you buggers who managed to get the right size on the first go 'round - I'm jealous!!!!
Riccardo - I'm late in spotting your reply but just wanted to say that I appreciated your constructive responses and the fact that they addressed my concerns directly. I'm still only slightly on the fence but your points are heavily swaying me towards giving Lanieri a try. The specifics about the leg widths, for example, are exactly the sort of info that's critically important to me, much appreciated!