or Connect

Posts by razl

Good point. Everyone should be checking Trader Feedback here or Feedback on ebay before making a decision - buyers and sellers! - that's what it is there for.Now that I think about it, it isn't exactly obvious for the newbie where Trader Feedback is on the forum; I wish we had an indicator by someone's name (like ebay). Since we don't, it should be noted that it can be found by:Click on the member's name from anywhere in the forum to get to their profile page.On the left...
Quick morning bump for... This happens to be in SW&D but is OK for the Classic side in my book. Epaulet LBM 1911 Silk/Linen Olive Donegal, 46 / 36 For those who missed out on the recent run of Eidos at Bloomies, it looks like some misfires are turning up. Tip: Eidos thread, this way: http://www.styleforum.net/t/358653/eidos-napoli/0_100 NWT Eidos Napoli, Dark Brown Check, SC 40R
The "fold" versus crease definitely sounds like we're talking about the same thing, I literally get a "ridgeline" of sorts that hits the top of my foot where I described. I've been through break ins before, so I'm not a rookie, I've just never had it seem to be right where the construction was (the end of the cap in this case).It sounds likely with some more follow through (no pain, no gain, right?) the creasing will "train" better. I'll report back in a few more days.
I hear you, but I don't think that's the case. If so, then the Simpson last just isn't for me since this is a 10UK and a 9.5 is too small. I will point out that everything else about it fits splendid, surprisingly so - snug but not tight.Time will tell...
As one of the members working on keeping this thread going; that makes my day FTFY! And, if you do, I'll bump it!
And, before I call it a day and revisit the vino, one more that's definitely worth checking out for 3 reasons: Cleverly. Navy. Monks. Gently Used George Cleverly Navy Double Monks 9US
Tonight's roundup: Purple Label Keaton's in some bold stripes. NWT $625 RLPL "Keaton" Luxury 200s Two-Ply Shirts (14.5"/16"/16.5"), Light Blue Stripe, Spread Collar, 100% Cotton JR's got almost every name in socks crammed in a single, old fashioned B&S thread: Pantherella, Bresciani, Marcoliani, and more. Some gone, but lots more - fun and staples - still to be found. If you need a trim pair of light grey trousers, Howard Yount's are impeccable. That material...
Hmmm, sounds reasonable. When I took them off tonight I felt around a bit and I think I see what you mean; from the inside the cap area is stronger than the body and where it ends is "stiffer" like you said than the surrounding area. Might not be the brogue on the outer at all but just where the cap itself ends.You've at least given me hope that if I pay some dues I've got a shot at working through it.
@beardedfella Journeyman's correct, but you'll have better luck figuring out the exact collar and then orderring by checking in on the Luxire thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/304965/luxire-custom-clothing-official-affiliate-thread/12300_100#post_7324887 I know because I just orderred my first shirt with a single-piece collar, similar to the one you're citing but not quite. There are now so many collar variations floating around in that thread (and even different...
Question for anyone who had to break in a 80201 like this (pic snagged from Skoat): My foot crease is just, I mean right behind the brogue line. When I step and it bends, the brogue edge itself seems to bite into the top of my foot a bit. Note that, on the outside, the brogue'ing is pretty stiff - certainly stiffer than the rest of the shoe - if I rub my finger up against the edge of it, it's got a little bite to it. My question is, will the brogue'ing itself...