or Connect

Posts by razl

Congrats, looking good! Could you identify the fabric on the top 2 blue shirts? Appreciated!
[head scratch] why is that called a Cardigan? Is it just a name that a marketeer labelled the shoe or is there actually a shoe type called "cardigan" that I've missed all these years; maybe for the mix of suede and leather?
I've been quite disconnected recently, but had to +1 this - both to Spoo and those who funded it. Y'all are angels.
I've been out-of-touch with SF for the past couple of weeks and missed it too. Have been on the fence between the Purdey model's last and the traditional Islay but would have jumped on these and not looked back at that price.
Ditto, I think I marveled at the same thing a few pages back. Having received yet another shirt from the other side of the globe in less than 72 hours, it's not a fluke and I'm still amazed.
I couldn't resist snagging this casual Boglioli shirt from Mr. Porter's sale:
Beautiful, but it would kill me to see the wear and tear accumulate on it. Even as a carry on, travel has a way of heaping abuse upon things ... they created ballistic nylon for a reason Still, congrats!
NWT UK50 Borrelli Quilted Wool Vest with Goose Down Filling (like Cucinelli) Happy to do 20% off for any SF members - PM me!
ps - @europrep and @gumercindo: I'm about a perfect fit in a mainline Zegna 50UK though I am back and forth between a R and an L (I'm 6'3" but high waisted) and the Finamore in a 50 fit me spot on. I mean, like spot on. Definitely a leaner, athletic shape which I'm lucky enough to still have, but just a touch on the short side for me. I think more because of the fitness in the torso loses a little off the tail, but that's just a guess. If there was just 1 more inch in...
Quick update on the Finamore sportcoat - since it's all positive (really!) I figured I'd post here. The short answer - I don't see where they cut corners to get to this price point. The fabric is very nice (a melange brown/cream birdseye) and the construction is, dare I say, excellent? It's lined a wisp in the shoulders and then down the sleeves, nicely stitched (the barely lined shoulders look to be a little more difficult than the usual 1/4 lined). The unlined...