Posts by max_r

Picked up a poeme bohemian blazer off yoox, I would say it runs small despite yoox saying they run large. Shoulders on the 40 are bang-on 17", whereas I really need something in the 17.5" to 18" range. High armholes and very slim arms, yet the waist and hips were a bit big. Would probably fit a size 38 with a pot-belly. Fabric was really cool though, cotton, soft with a shrunken/wrinkly texture. I assume they made the jackets then washed/dried them as the interior...
So much more affordable too. I guess as members age they tend to get more money and aquire more expensive tastes. I've seen it first hand on guitar forums also, years back when I was in college and poor, we mostly used cheaper gear apart from a few older members with nicer stuff. But as the userbase aged, we all got jobs and were able to buy nicer stuff.
How long does yoox take to ship these days? I haven't bought anything from there in years, but a jacket I ordered last Wednesday is still says "in preparation"
Thats one thing I'd like to buy (which I forgot about), a cast iron skillet. Is there anything special to look for there, or are all cast iron pans about the same? Any reason to get an enamel-lined one like Le Creuset, or is cast iron inside better?
Ah I see now, curved leg. I suppose that is why they stack all the way up the leg. Pretty cool.
Those wool DNA pants look really cool. Does anyone have a pair and can comment on the fabric? What is DNA anyway, is that a specific fit?
Cool, cheers for the help guys. I tend to be between 38 and 40 depending on the brand, so I'll go for a 40. Now to play yoox roulette.
Does anyone have any thoughts on Poème Bohèmien? (Formerly named Nicolo Ceschi Berrini) Specifically wondering about the blazers and jackets, how the quality is, quality of fabric, fit, etc. Yoox says pretty much everything from this brand runs big, but most posts I've seen online say it runs slim/small, so I don't know what to think.
Gf told me I need a wok, she made chinese food in my frying pan the other day, tasted really good. Bare in mind I'm from America though, so my standards for that kind of stuff are low. Speaking of kitchen stuff, I need to sharpen my knives. They used to be razor sharp and it was so nice. Not so much anymore. At least I cut myself less.
Damn, why you gotta keep tempting me. I had just convinced myself that I don't need more stuff and I need to work on my outerwear game first. Might have a look when I get home.