or Connect

Posts by MatthewN

So I just read something indicating that 3 button suits should be worn by men over 6 feet tall, and the rest of us should stick to 2 buttons. Is that true? I'm 5'10.5". Will 3 buttons somehow make me look short?
Quote: Originally Posted by Unrefinery I say go for it, man. It's still conservative, but less predictable than charcoal or navy. Quite versatile as well -- your pink shirts will look great with it, and you can wear it with either black or (some) brown shoes. All of those things are exactly what I was hoping to hear. Quote: Originally Posted by Unrefinery My only comment on the TAT suit above is that if I were to only own...
I'm in the market for a "first suit". It's not actually my first suit, but the suit I have is not conservative enough to be an all-purpose sort of suit (it's a light tan with blue pinstripes - nice, but not exactly traditional). I've read a lot of first suit colour recommendations. Most people recommend charcoal or navy, and I understand why. I'd really rather wear something lighter, though, so I'm thinking about a medium grey. In my searches, I have seen a few...
I live in a small town in the middle of nowhere, and the only two brands of suits available to me here are Calvin Klein and S. Cohen. I've read plenty of bad reviews about Calvin Klein here, but there's very little about S. Cohen. Does anyone have any thoughts? The store here doesn't keep any in stock, so they're going to order one in for me to try on, but I want to get a sense of the quality and style in advance. I'm not very experienced with suits, so I'm relying on...