or Connect

Posts by MatthewN

Nice, vncrz. I'm not crazy about it in the first pic, but that might just be because of how you're standing. Looks much better in the second. Mine shipped today. I wish I didn't have to wait for the mail.
I hate hate hate the look of button-down shirts with the top button undone, because of the way it causes the collar points to bunch, but I realize I'm in the minority there. I'm having trouble picturing these jeans you speak of, and how they could possibly not look silly. Do you have pictures?
Quote: Originally Posted by MatthewN I'll be trying the install tonight on my Tiger-running Intel-based Mac (I received the disk yesterday, but spent the evening backing up files), and I'll let you know whether it's successful or not. I have one of the short-lived Core Duo processors (quickly replaced by the Core 2 Duo line), which I see means that I won't be able to take advantage of the new 64-bit infrastructure. I don't see anything indicating that...
I'm surprised at the people advocating button-down collars with no tie. I can't stand the look of a button-down shirt with the top button undone - the collar points get all bunched up and smooshed together. That's the main reason I don't buy them, because I wear my shirts without ties more often than with them.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim My buddy just tried to upgrade from Tiger. Just thought I'd pass this along. You *might* be able to upgrade from Tiger with the standard upgrade copy, but it is not supported by Apple, so if it doesn't work, you are pretty much screwed. I'll be trying the install tonight on my Tiger-running Intel-based Mac (I received the disk yesterday, but spent the evening backing up files), and I'll let you know...
Quote: Originally Posted by FidelCashflow I find it hard to fathom that there are people who have shirts they won't wear without a jacket or tie like shirts with french cuffs or cutaway collars. It seems like a arbitrary way to severely limit your options. I wear french cuffs without a jacket. Is that some sort of fashion faux pas?
I'm wearing one right now. Top button undone. I prefer point collars when wearing them unbuttoned and untied, but I don't think a spread collar looks preposterous.
Quote: Originally Posted by UnFacconable I'm with the OP. I have a strong sniffer and it is nauseating to smell too much cologne or perfume (although as a dude I find cologne more offensive). This is compounded by the fact that after periodic application, someone's office or workspace begins to take on a very strong scent of the perfume, so certain co-workers offices become torture chambers for me. Fortunately, it appears to me that very very few...
Another vote for Thick As Thieves... My suit from them is on order.
Quote: Originally Posted by Phantom9309 Just wondering what the price point are these days. $480 for a suit - just ordered mine a few days ago.