or Connect

Posts by MatthewN

Quote: Originally Posted by mensimageconsultant Have you tried changing the way you shave? Good razor, hydrated skin, all that? One of the website articles discusses that. Of course, maybe not you, but after a while guys often become attached to their facial hair and don't want to shave unless have to. Yes. It's a lot better than it used to be, but still uncomfortable for me to shave two days in a row. Luckily, my facial hair is quite light...
Wow, those are beautiful. I wish they weren't narrow. Free bump for a great deal.
I started because of shaving. Not that I don't like shaving (there are few things as satisfying as a good wet shave), but my skin is sensitive enough that I can't shave more than every other day (and once every three days is better). I found that it was easier, more comfortable, and better looking to keep a short beard than to alternate between shaving and stubble. I don't have a moustache, because it's too thin and not connected to my beard. The few times I've tried...
Quote: Originally Posted by hth2002 I agree people shouldn't wear clothes that are too tight. I don't think it's a trend. There have always been people that wear tight clothes that shouldn't. I think this photo is a poor example of your point - do you really think this man would look better in a larger t-shirt? Men of this shape are not built for t-shirts of any size. I think he would look relatively passable in a suit that's closely...
I received my order on Friday - a medium grey three-button, with the jacket slightly longer than house cut. I love the style, and the fit is generally very good, with the following issues: - The armholes are tight against the fronts of my arms, which is a bit uncomfortable. Jason said the high armholes are just how it's styled, and I'd probably get used to it, although it's not the bottoms of the holes that are the problem; they're fine all the way around except the...
I think I'm the same way. When I shop on ebay, I expect to be getting a fantastic deal, and if I can't, I won't buy. When I shop here, I expect to get a fair deal.
For me, style first. Once I can afford to be picky, I'll go for shoes that are both stylish and comfy, but for now, I'm restricted to shoes I can find cheaply in B&S or on ebay. They have to be the right size, of course, but I'm not going to pass up a good pair of shoes because they're not as comfy as my favourite runners.
Quote: Originally Posted by Spark RE: the GQ approach. If I'm not mistaken, I just flipped through an issue that suggested to shop for a suit you needed to "find one that fits, and then buy the next size down." Silly me and my tailoring bills - I've been doing it all wrong! I'm going to assume (i.e. hope) that what they're getting at is that most people misjudge which size fits them and pick something too big (which is often true), and...
As I understand it, brogues (shoes with perforations, like the Strand and Evanston) are actually less dressy than plain captoes. As for the Park Ave vs the Soho, they're both plain captoes, just on slightly different lasts. I don't see how one could be dressier than the other. In any case, all are more than acceptable with your attire. If you're getting two pairs, pick one plain captoe and one brogue, probably one in black and one in brown. A black oxford captoe is often...
Quote: Originally Posted by embowafa darting RLBL? You must be skinny. I have a 35" chest and 29" waist. I was thinking of picking up a RLBL shirt from B&S recently, and I compared the measurements provided with a TM Lewin slim fit shirt I already had. The RLBL was bigger, and even the TM Lewin has some extra room around the waist. At least it was within an acceptable margin, though; the RLPL shirt I really wanted would have had me swimming in...