or Connect

Posts by MatthewN

Looks great, and is tempting me to buy $300 worth of goods. The option to narrow down the displayed shirts by size doesn't work properly. I asked it to display only shirts in size 15 - it didn't eliminate any, and when I clicked on one I found that it wasn't available in that size.
PM sent on the ties!
It could be that there's someone new in town, but if not, I'd encourage you to check out this thread for a thorough (11 page!) discussion of the options in Vancouver: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=21066
Quote: Originally Posted by Kris The jacket looks great, other than the curious bunching. The fabric looks fantastic! My "other feedback" would be to tuck your pocket square in another .75", for sure. And lose the beard, but keep the mustache and grow a bottom lip tab. The beard looks too much like Ron Howard trying not to look like Richie Cunningham. A 'stache will make you look tough as steel. You'll have to forgive the facial hair... it's...
The title pretty much says it. I am skinny. I need clothes. Help? My chest size is 35", but I recently tried on a 34R jacket at H&M and it fit perfectly. Since those few companies that make jackets below size 36 still mostly work in even-numbered sizes, I'll look at a 34R depending on the measurements. 36R jackets are usually a bit baggy and too wide in the shoulders. I'll consider any colour/style, but I'm particularly interested in picking up something in tweed. In all...
I appreciate the small sizes, but alas, not the double pleats. Free bump for the effort! If you come across some nice slim flat-fronts in a 29, I'm all over it.
I ordered a suit back in September, and I've finally gotten around to taking pictures. The suit is a 3-button in the "upgraded" medium grey. It's a pretty lightweight fabric, which I appreciate. As I mentioned a few pages back, I had lots of fit issues with the trousers. I still haven't gotten them sorted out to my satisfaction, so I decided to go ahead and post photos of the jacket. It's a little bit rumpled because I was wearing it tonight; forgive me. First,...
Quote: Originally Posted by badsha Received TAT suit pretty quickly. In 3 weeks!!! The fit is pretty good, jacket is a little tight. Sent the suit to be pressed, but am a bit worried since they only charged me $5.95 to do it by hand. I hope they followed my instructions since the suit has MOP buttons. Will post pix once the suit is pressed. I ended up (carefully!) pressing the suit myself, because I was concerned the cleaners in my small town...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sunscreenboy I'm thinking of buying a flexible navy blazer. Jason suggested the following style / fabric. Let me know what you all think, i'll post pics when they arrive. -lightweight flannel -MOP buttons -2 button with a wider lapel (2.75") -topstitched lapels -flap patch pockets -topstitched around pockets Yes.
Quote: Originally Posted by sm332 How much ... in my case the order is pretty small. 60 GBP - the customs presumably has to be connected with the value of goods coming through/ Technically, duties are payable on any import over CDN$20 in value; it's just a matter of whether customs notices it (I think they assess a random subset of all imports). If the exporter hires a customs broker (like TM Lewin did the last time I ordered from them),...