or Connect

Posts by Pennywise the Clown

bump
bump
I like these brown leather jackets. Anyone got any ideas for who they're made by, or where I can get something similar:
I like these brown leather jackets. Anyone got any ideas for who they're made by, or where I can get something similar:
Has anyone owned a Boss leather jacket before? What was the quality like in your experience? Did it age well? I've been eyeing up a Boss jacket from Macy's (Boss black label 'Nevos') and it looks great - quite a classic design and similar in style to an Aero Highwayman, but it's a bit lighter and fits and has some subtle detail that gives it a more modern look than the Highwayman. I'm not sure what kind of leather it is, but the color, feel and texture are really nice -...
I play in Nike tennis shoes, blue/white Nike tennis shorts and mostly Nike dry-fit collared polo shirts of different colors (mostly white to reflect the sun). I'm not a slave to Nike, but I do happen to think they make the most stylish tennis clothes. Incidentally, the best dressed tennis player EVER is Roger Federer. Did anyone see his 'Darth Federer' outfit a few years ago at the US Open. I don't think anyone else could have pulled this off but he looked bad-ass...
Quote: Originally Posted by Douglas I'll +1 what unexpected wrote - the array of racquets out there is truly dizzying and it's hard to find a racquet that meets your requirements. I use a Babolat Pure Drive racquet that's almost identical to the one Andy Roddick supposedly uses (his is apparently the "Plus" version which is slightly longer, but I think all pro racquets are heavily customized or modified, and sometimes they're straight up players'...
I think black shoes are fine for navy (as long as it's a dark navy). It's unfeasible for many people to wear brown shoes with navy suits and the navy/black shoes look has been around since time began... Lilac and pink shirts go very well with navy pinstripe suits I find...
Quote: Originally Posted by BareSolid As for dark blue jeans, yes, I had thought of that. I am wondering if anyone can recommend a specific brand and style of jeans (with a link to somehere I can buy them from - UK), as they are a smorgasbord of absolute rubbish most of the time. I have a nice pair of dark Ernest Sewn jeans which go very well with a navy jacket - I don't know if they are available in the UK. Rag and Bone is another good...
OK - here's my own 2 cents' worth as a straight man who has also worked in West Hollywood and lived in Earls' Ct, London another gay hub. Firstly the average straight man dresses like crap. This is evidenced in the 'average Joe' style faux-pas thread and includes everything from greasy bridge and tunnel types sporting Ed Hardy to guys wearing mom-jeans with ugly running shoes. Same thing with straight guys in suits - ill-fitted, badly-shaped, T-shirts under dress shirts...