or Connect

Posts by Cigarboy

I recently ordered a few suits from Samuelsohn, some of which are MTM. I am curious about the placement of the working surgeon cuffs. The button nearest the sleeve's end measures about an inch or an inch and a quarter from the sleeve's end. Alan Flusser's "Dressing the Man" p. 90. mentions that surgeon cuffs are supposed to be placed no more than 3/4 inch from the sleeve's end. Is this something to be concerned about or I'm I being anal?
I am getting a MTM three piece suit by Samuelsohn with fabric from Holland and Sherry from the UK. The fabric I have chosen is a navy blue pinstripe. The stripe is just slightly under an inch apart in width. I am now wondering if it is too far apart in width considering my body size though I have some pinstripe suits with .5 inch widths and wanted something a little more powerful in appearance. I am 5'10". 160 pounds. 39 inch chest, 33 inch waist . The peak lapels...
Any thoughts on lapel over welt pocket?
I just received my made-to-measure Samuelsohn tuxedo. I am 5'10. 38"chest, 32 waist. 160lbs. I am a little disappointed with the size of my lapels. I wanted larger ones but they came with only 3" lapels. I was told by the sales associate, whom I trust and is very knowledgeable that the lapels shouldn't be too much wider given my chest size and that they would protrude over the welt pocket. Does this ring true for most members of this forum? Is the limit of one's...
Did you ultimately get your briefcase? Where do you recommend I shop?
I am thinking about Swaine Adeney Brigg's Bond case. My main concern is the size. I am 160lbs. 5'10 with a small/medium frame. Do you think the 4.5 inch is too big? While SAB does make the attaché in 3.5, I find that too small. What are your thoughts on attaché sizes? I find that 4inches is perfect in terms of aesthetics and practicality.
I am in the market for a new attaché. While I love the Vuitton President Classeur in Taiga or Epi, I don't care for the price. I am thinking about Swaine Adeney Brigg's Bond case. My main concern is the size. I am 160lbs. 5'10 with a small/medium frame. Do you think the 4.5inch is too big? While SAB does make the attaché in 3.5, I find that too small. What are your thoughts on attaché sizes? I find that 4inches is perfect in terms of aesthetics and practicality.
There will be Blood.... "I'm Finished!"