or Connect

Posts by Sancho Panzo Christ

i can't tell if this is sarcastic or not, but it seems like it could go both ways with equal justification. the sarcastic reply would entail that this poor bastard, who had his life basically ruined, was failed by the constitution. the earnest one would say that it came through for him in the end, once it had been properly followed. i'm not a big constitution worshiper, but it seems to me taht we would be much better off if we followed teh bloody thing all things being equal.
you're right. but didn't i read one of your posts that said that michelle obama was ugly? i don't care in the slightest, since i don't think it's a terrible offense, but if that this a true moral rule, wouldn't it apply to you as well? edit: that was to piobaire.
alright dude, relax. i was only joking. that should be pretty clear by the fact that i've never met you in real life, so clearly i'm just making shit up to get under your skin.
nah, i won't be fuckign off anytime soon. and i'm not terribly impressed by your claim to a 9 inch dong on an anonymous internet forum. that sounds pretty beta dude.
actually, he's not a legal scholar, but an economist named gary s. becker. he co-authored a book with a legal scholar named richard posner, "uncommon sense: economic insights from marriage to terrorism." it seems they run a blog together, in which they debate issues, and the book was an outcome of the blog. here's the post from becker arguing against polygamy on the basis of the effects on the equality of society. it is much more elegant than my...
The New York Times publishes a piece by a Bosnian citizen who was imprisoned at Guantanamo Bay on the 10th anniversary of its opening.http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/08/opinion/sunday/my-guantanamo-nightmare.html?_r=2&ref=opinion
take your time in formulating a response, i'll be patient. you should check out that book, which will give you a better understanding of human sexuality. it might even show you why your dad liked men (just kidding).as a sidenote: has anyone noticed that the really intelligent posters (like StephenHero, gibonioius, etc.) seldom use those smiley face things ("emoticons"?), but communicate in written english? if you find someone's response to be worthy of condescension, why...
well i'll give you credit piobaire, you have made an actual argument. this is a major breakthrough for you, and i'm glad to be the one who prompted it.1) Material numbers of women must decide to enter plural marriages creating harems for rich guys. -- i think this is pretty much self-evident, given the nature of human sexuality. granted, there is considerable variation in female sexual preferences, but i think that if you look at any of the research beign done on this...
where am i failing to make a valid point? just in that last paragraph you quoted, or in my overall argument? i mean, i'm clickign back into the thread periodically to defend it. i can take a critical attack on my position...you got one? i'd love a sustained critique of my argument, are you man enough to produce one?also, do you hold that every piece of argumentative writing should state every single premise of the argument, like spinoza does in the "ethics"? to be honest,...
wait, what? that mormon cult that practiced polygamy was abusing children, but that doesn't mean that all forms of polygamy will abuse children. i think it was rather clear that i was talking about polygamy on the theoretical level. in fact, i can imagine situations in which polygamy exists without teh abuse of children, so that wouldn't be an argument against polygamy at all.if you were to open up the doors for polygamy in a society like the u.s.a., i would imagine that...