or Connect

Posts by dixonmanor

@shoreman1782 The bar I work at, Smuggler's Cove in SF, is a small but (almost overwhelmingly) comprehensive paean to rum in particular, with a heavy nod to Tiki bars past. The book is insane... It comes out June 7th, but my boss gave us all copies last week. I think there are about 100 recipes included, covering everything from early (think mid-1600's) rum punches, to regional and traditional drinks of the Caribbean, classic-era Tiki and Exoctic cocktails, and new stuff...
Snuck a little EG into my bar's new book: Smuggler's Cove: Exotic Cocktails, Rum, and Cult of Tiki
Looking high and low for a distributor that sells classic "60/40" cloth. The type of water-resistant NyCo fabric found originally on California outerwear brands like Sierra Designs, The North Face, et al, and is still used by companies like Crescent Down Works. If any can help me out with a source for this stuff, I'd be grateful. Cheers.
Thanks. Not sure why that picture posted so small...
Pith Helmet Moscot Fisherman's Smock from Cornwall, UK Monitaly deadstock Parachute Poncho EG SS15 Fatigues Rossi Boots
Pizza Jerk is SO good. The clam & bacon pie, the Dan Dan pie... mmmmmmm.
FYI, MAC in SF got their first delivery, including FWK. Charles pants in batik and dolphin, some vests and jackets in batik and dolphin, berets, straw hats, jean jackets in black and blue, assorted shirts ( I think I saw a navy workshirt in there), assorted shorts/pants, etc. Didn't look thru FWK too much, but they've got the chambray waders in at $396.
Hey! Sounds just like SF!Anyways, Otis, what else should we be eating/drinking in PDX while we're home for a very short holiday week? We've got resos at Coquine and Ava Gene's, gonna try to squeeze in a to go pizza from Pizza Jerk on way into town from PDX. Also trying to jam Ox in there at some point.Any new bars worth seeking out? Bit House Saloon?Thanks!
Huh, interesting. Haven't seen it at any Nordstroms' in SF either. I've been expecting EG to pop up SOMEWHERE in SF, since Bastille closed and so we now have one less account. I think we're just down to MAC and Bloomingdale's, with occasional appearances (typically online-only) at Welcome Stranger.
This is exactly what happened... everything else in the order is right on, but they screwed up one thing (the thing I wanted most, unfortunately). I emailed them but haven't heard back yet.