or Connect

Posts by The Swede

Sterling is great. I've flown with them to Prague a number of times. Much nicer than Easyjet and Ryanair but costs about as much. http://www.sterling.dk/sv/flight
Whilst writing this I am thoroughly enjoying a glass of Ardbeg 10 yo. Though a long-time fan of Islay whiskies I'd never tried this one and I can heartily recommend it. It requires great strength of mind to be able to stop drinking once the first few drops hits your tongue. Anyway, my question is this: how do the Japanese distilleries match up to the Scottish? I've heard that the climate in Japan is very good for whisky but I've never tried it. The bottles look...
Of course you should dress your best even at 19 if you have that inclination, It's important that you start early so you have time to make all the mistakes and try out all the options. I think the point is that for many of the members of this forum it makes perfect sense to pay 500 dollars or more for a pair of shoes because they've tried an enormous amount of shoes and decided on the best. Same thing with going bespoke, when you've figured out your personal style and...
I would contend that those shoes are neither dress nor Oxfords. This aside, I would give them a pass. The soles are just too clunky.
I've been wondering the same thing. A Farrutx shop has recently opened in Stockholm and I went to check it out. I'd say most of the shoes were of the light blue, crocodile skin with golden buckles variety. However, there were a few gems. Some of their ordinary dress shoes were actually quite nice looking. I'm more curious about the quality, the price was around 260 euros, are they worth it?
Quote: Originally Posted by alexei I should specify that it's a dinner party too. (Who boats at night?) It's at a restaurant on a lake. The atmosphere is pretty casual, but the hosts are not necessarily. It's among a series of (mostly) black-tie events over a three-day weekend. I'm getting the feeling that this is one of those occasions that you don your white dinner jacket. Depends on the temperature though, seeing as they are mostly used...
I'd say a general one is the old "wear your clothes; don't let your clothes wear you". This goes beyond looking comfortable; it also means that your clothes should help bring out your personality and not look affected or fake. This is, of course, something difficult to fix if you can't see the problem yourself so I'll move on to some more tangible rules of dress. 1. Always wear good shoes, you can get away (barely) with a lot of ugly, ill-fitting pieces of clothing as...
Few stood against many? Heresy! Conan will hunt you down and smite you verily for steeling his prayer to Crom... Sure he probably stole it himself but c'mon he's Conan, who's going to object? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_3eX...elated&search=
I usually work out at a gym with plenty of hot women. This is nice but I would consider it common courtesy not to overtly ogle their bodies or try to pick them up in a creepy way. A gym isn't a singles bar, people go there to work out, often also to get some time for themselves. My pet peeve is the kind of guy who thinks he's discovered some kind of female free-for-all, the kind of guy who isn't actually there to work out. The last time this happened was while is was...