or Connect

Posts by The Swede

My father works for the EU so I have found myself visiting on occasion (even had lunch a few times at the Parliment building). My overall appraisal leads me to this conclusion: officials attaced to the EU dress not only conservatively but also poorly. Clunky, square shoes, ill-fitting cheap suits, horrible grey shirts and tie combinations.. It was, sadly, a depressing sight.
Quote: Originally Posted by CoryB Can anyone give a quick run though of the opinion from that site. I tried running an online translation, but other than some humour the result wasn't very good. Is there agreement that the measurements are accurate to the product, etc? Some of the pictures look good while some look bad, but I suspect that is fit choice and measurements. You can either use measurements from a favorite shirt or from your body....
I've had a shirt ordered from tailorshirt. The quality is pretty good considering the price. My primary complaint is the collar, the "classic" option is very pointy and long, giving a somewhat mafioso vibe to it. Here is a swedish fashion forum thread concerning their shirts. Most of you will not understand what everyone is saying but there are a lot of pictures within. http://www.manligt.net/viewtopic.php...=asc&start=450
"he took a duck in the face at 250 knots"
I've quit both smoking and snus. I smoked for nearly 10 years, took snus for maybe 1 and a half. Quitting the snus was much much harder. Health issues aside, it is very addictive. About the look, the woman in the picture is using the "bak" (bake) variant, think finely ground brown powder that you form into a ball and stick under your upper lip. This is not seen as a classy thing to do. The portion variant however, think small teabags of tobacco, come in different sizes...
Weather is rapidly improving and I have been toying with the idea to purchase a few linen shirts for the summer. To be honest I have never worn one so my knowledge of the matter is limited at best. I do however quite like the look and feel of linen, and can imagine it being very nice during warmer days. I am looking for mostly casual versions, not planning on wearing them with a suit. Maybe even one or two with short sleeves. What brands do you recommend? Input on...
A bullet-proof vest?
I'd say arm creases are as inappropriate as the chest creases you on new shirts. The trick (as my dear mother taught me) is to lay out the sleave of the shirt correctly. You want it completely flat, that is both "under" and "over" layer flat. Looking down you want to make the lower (under the arm) part fold right on the seam. When you iron the sleave, iron the seam and everything except the top fold of the arm. This way the only crease you get will be alongside the...
This thread wasn't what I had pictured...
It's my absolute favorite. The waiters sometimes give me looks when I order carpaccio as a starter and steak tartare as my main course. I don't mind, I simply love the raw meaty goodness. Never tried to make it myself, though I have been playing with the idea.