or Connect

Posts by mm84321

Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire Just landed an expert witness consulting gig, about 30 hours of projected work for a chart review and report, at $200 an hour. If it goes to trial mucho more hours. I see an abundance of foie gras in your future.
Quote: Originally Posted by SField If it is, then so is cajun spice mix, MSG, and whatever other synthetic bullshit you can dream up. Why are you so angry with the world, SField?
Quote: Originally Posted by Rambo Funny you decided to chime in. In all my time here on StyleForum, I can't seem to recall any of your posts containing anything that could be considered contributional to any topic of discussion, not to mention containing a mere shred of substance or intellect.
Quote: Originally Posted by BBSLM People need something to blame for being gluttonous fatties. In the 80s it was fat. In the 90s/00s it was carbs in general. Now it's HFCS. People are also attracted to extremist and goofy shit. If too many carbs is bad, then zero carbs must be optimal. There can be no middle ground, no moderate amount of carbs that will allow people lose/maintain weight. God, you're an idiot.
Quote: Originally Posted by indesertum -_- isnt nobu like same pricing as masa? i think i might just say fuggit and say ok to nobu or bernardin anyways Nobu isn't even in the same ball park as Masa. The omakase there is pretty darn good for what you're paying (100, 125, or 150). Their scallop new style sashimi is a favorite.
Quote: Originally Posted by TrH The point he was trying to make, as I see it, is that low-carb diets still do not refute the energy balance equation. Okay, I'm gonna go ahead and eat this lobster Cobb salad, which I estimate is probably thrice my caloric needs for the day, and I'll let you know if I gain any weight as a result!
Quote: Originally Posted by indesertum i'm going to make a trip to nyc and will def eat some sushi. too poor for masa tho Okay. What about like Nobu or Le Bernardin?
Quote: Originally Posted by Cool The Kid Bro, I'm losing weight and the bulk of my carbs come from shit like pancakes, rice, cookies, candy, potatoes, bread etc. There are a lot of psychological and physiological reasons simple carbs generally lead to people getting fatter faster but there is just too much evidence out there to debunk your theories of simple carbs -------> obesity, w/no considerations caloric surpluses. Yeah bro? What's your...
Quote: Originally Posted by Cool The Kid The carb is evil debate is so fucking useless. I'm not saying all carbs are "evil"; the quality of the carbohydrates certainly has a great deal to do with it as well. Eating starchy vegetables and fruit is certainly better than refined sugar and flour, which can be classified pretty near close as dietary "evils".
Have any of you bodybuilders/lifters ever experiment with the supplement Protandim? Supposedly it's pretty effective for post workout recovery, among other things. http://undergroundwellness.com/protandim/ A number of promising studies have been done on it as well: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=protandim